They dont do left foot braking do they!

My vrs carnt work out why you would want to brake and accellerate at the same time and just goes to sleep to avoid the confusion. That's a bit of a bugger, as I have to think now not to left foot brake if I am on a flyer on a country lane and I need to keep my left foot in practice.

The ECU is programmed for optimum speed, acceleration, economy on normal roads for normal people.

If you want to left foot brake you need a proper race programme in the ECU.

Or buy one of these http://www.formula1.com/gallery/launches/2009/381.html

Edited by Soot1e

Its more about keeping it as a habbit for when I am in the competition car. There are lods of advantages to left foot braking, but it will take you over a year to get any good. One is the speed you can get on the brakes, at high speed you travel quite a distance in the time it takes your foot to move from one pedal to the other. When you brake, weight is transfered over the front wheels = extra grip, so you can modulate the grip or gain extra front end grip, this even works for a rwd car. The car is pulled down on the road by all its brakes = extra grip all round and a more stable car. A light pressure over rutts on a straight will keep the car from squirming and it will run straight. The obvious one is that you can over power the front brake and break the rear away, this is the most agressive case, A touch on the left foot and release while getting on the power can actually stop the rear end sliding away on a fwd.

Yea i was a bit ****ed about that too, never thought about getting it mapped out though, only tried it for a bit of fun.

I was at a knockhill trackday and thought a bit of left foot braking would keep the boost up when going over the chicane, but the car just cut the power. :thumbdwn:

Im an ex kart racer, so the right foot braking was strange for me when i first started driving, lol.

I was quite shocked about this too, a few nights ago i had someone very inconsiderate driving literally on my back bumper so i just lightly pressed the brake pedal so my brake lights came on hoping they would back off and it was only then i realised about the power cut. To my aggravation however they didnt back off so i ended up pulling over to let them passed as I was in a rather chilled out mood!