Sad I know, but I cant help it....

:o I love my car! I cant help but look out the window, she runs smooth and drives nice.

Does anyone else have the same thoughts? I cant wait for an excuse to get in and drive, doesnt matter were, just go.

I need to get her MOTd this month but till then she is fine and dandy, (hope it passes the MOT)

so what is peoples thougths on this?:thumbup:

billy

if you not happy please say why.

edit: There is nothing in this lol, I love my GF the most and would not part with her, but she knows not to ask ; car or me? question lol

I kinda now where you are coming from matey. Not so much with the Octy though. The Accord Type R I had was one of those cars that I loved the look of. Like you say, looks lovely just sat there.

That said, I forget all about the ATR when I plant the right boot in the Octavia. :fro:

lol mmm

cheers guys I thought I was jus wierd lol. I love the shape and think its one of the nicest lookin cars around thats under 20k ne way. I cant see myself ever sellin mine, I am without a job at the mo as I have been posted to civ dil lol, but I will sleep in the car and sell everything else I own before I sell her.

I wouldnt take what I payed for the car new,

lol think I have made my point now lol

any more?

My wife uses my car to go to work and I ride my bike.

That means the only thing I ever do in my car is go out for fun, one of my drives takes me past a building that has a mirror front and I always slow down and look at the reflection of the car.

I like to look at it out the window too, I think it looks sinister.

I am probably going to have the windows tinted, remove the spoiler and rear washer arm. Then it will look smooth and sneaky too.

I have been making a wish list / upgrade road map for what I plan to do and it is going to cost me a fortune.

I don't care though, it is buying things a bit at a time so there are no huge expenditures and we don't owe any money on the car so it doesn't matter.

I still think the Mk1 is nicer looking than the Mk2! looks better balanced IMHO, and the 4x4 with the smaller spoiler looks quite understated but purposeful. (the Spiders help) and thats without lowering it !

yea I do like the slimmer look of the mk1 but the mk 2 I think looks more older and sofisticated lol.

looks like the mk thats been to.............

mmm either the gym or mcdonalds? not sure which lol

billy

love the sticker on the windscreen mate

lol yea mate, at certain angles the car is not that nice but most I think she looks ace.

there is an angle from the front corners so you cant see the oposite front wheel that makes the car look soo narrow due to the angle on the front bumper if you get were I mean?

lol

billy

I've never really seen mine being driven from the outside but always think from the front the Mk1 vRS looks like a real thug of a car but from the rear it's a bit disappointing, like a taxi with a spoiler :rofl:

Watched a DVD last night of when I went to the Ring with it last year and there was a (very) short bit of film of it on the Ring from a distance, it looked pretty cool ... but my driving didn't! :rofl:

lol

yea

they do look stunnin

I look in every window I can lol, I just theink that the spoiler jus bulks up the back a tad and it needs it IMO. the main let down is the bumper, I think it needs squarin off a bit at the bottom, bit like the Fabia vRS, spose thats why I like the milotec rear splitter thing. I am gonna get one in Black plastic to go on mine and leave it like that, then get the front sicde vents sprayed black to match the car like ROB has.

then thats it, she is complete looks wise, oh n tints lol.

billy

I'm finding it very hard to like my Octy at the mo!

Had the sump unscrew itself a few weeks back, also ran very lumpy but managed to solve this by cleaning the throttle body last night. Also booked in to replace the suspension bushes as these are shot. Just had to replace the tyres due to uneven tyre war and a puncture on the rear.

Really been costing me a lot lately!

I followed SWMBO who was driving my octi yesterday and was supprised watching how low it sits compared to the other cars on the road and how it showed every bump in the road unlike all the other cars, it did look quite small and strange.

When you see it from the outside on the move they do look different to what you thought they would look like.

I am still of the same opinion, while it doesn't look too bad I still have a dislike for it as it's not what I want but I guess I should aim the dislike and hatred towards myself and not the car.

Strangly it was nice to get back into it today after spending all day yesterday driving round in a mk2 Fabia Greenline

I have to agree with claytarget_god, and mine's just the humble 1.8T Elegance, but I think it's beautiful :o

I love it after I've just washed and polished it, and it sits there all silver and shiny, on it's 17" Spiders, all sleek and low on its Koni kit, and I just want to take it out and let it entertain me. Especially since I got the remap. I get itchy wanting to take it out for a Brisky, and I'll also slow down at shop windows etc to sneak admiring glances at the profile. It never fails to put a :D on my face.

Anyway, I've said too much already… :o

lol One of the first things I said to my lass lol was not to ask the question lol.

she tries to but again not getting and answer as it is so hard to say as I love them both the same amount but in diff ways lol

billy

:o I love my car! I cant help but look out the window, she runs smooth and drives nice.

so what is peoples thougths on this?:thumbup:

I know what you mean - we all need help I think!

I park my car then keep looking back and thinking how nice it looks :eek:

I know what you mean - we all need help I think!

I park my car then keep looking back and thinking how nice it looks :eek:

Im sooo relieved reading these threads, having done all of the above lol. :).

Ok confession time, If there is rubbish on the television, I go out to the garage and give the engine bay and bonnet underside a quick wipe with a clean cloth.

I am convinced that the Octavia Mk1 vRS will become a sought after classic in future years but hey what the hell im happily biased. :thumbup:

Peter