Would petrol vRS suspension be suitable fitted to a diesel ?

I may have the chance for some Octy II vRS suspension (springs, dampers and ARB's) and wondered if it would work fitted to a diesel Octy due to the heavier steel diesel block ? Would it be a worthwhile project or am I better just going for some Eibach's on the stock dampers ? I don't want to spend a fortune, but need to stiffen her up a bit and get rid of the body roll.

TIA !

Hi, do they make a difference?

Can't be any worse than the stock parts, I had mine on two wheels going round a corner today - was only doing about 20mph!

Nah, my floppy lolloping Ambiente was quite composed cornering at 90-100 yesterday in The Dales, but extra stiffness would inspire more confidence. I have a 255 RARB ready to go on, but was hanging on to add it as part of a collection of mods to feel more benefit. Might stick the 18's on and suffer the credit card bill soon, then add Eibach's later.

I may have the chance for some Octy II vRS suspension (springs, dampers and ARB's) and wondered if it would work fitted to a diesel Octy due to the heavier steel diesel block ? Would it be a worthwhile project or am I better just going for some Eibach's on the stock dampers ? I don't want to spend a fortune, but need to stiffen her up a bit and get rid of the body roll.

TIA !

I believe they will fit. however there are two different size strut diameters that you can buy suspension for. 50 mm and 55mm. mine petrol vrs was a 55mm dimeter strut. measure your strut diameter and you will know for sure

Hi, do they (rear arb) make a difference?

Yes; Plenty! :D;)

Do a thread search for whiteline, neuspeed or APR rear anti roll bar (arb) - you should find loads of info.

TIA !

There is no difference between the springs/dampers on the TFSI vs. TDI vRS and certainly the eibach spring option or Koni FSD damper options are the same. Perhaps get yourself onto eibach's website and check cars & part numbers to confirm.

Fitting a stronger front ARB will negate the benefit of your Neuspeed rear in helping to neutralise understeer; don't do it IMHO.

Have you got the 1.9 TDI 105 or 2.0L TDI 140 engine? If you have the 2.0L 140 then this is the same engine (weight wise) as the PD170 in the vRS; another reason for thinking you'll be OK.

Hope that helps. :thumbup:

Hi, sorry for butting in, I have bought 4 shocks from a VrsTdi, will they be a straight shoe in for my tdi140 with skoda sports suspension option ???