Mudflaps: Yes or No?

....and if Yes, rear and front?

New Superb due in one week and I was thinking of having them fitted by the dealer. Obviously they offer protection from mud, stone chip etc. but are there any disadvantages (apart from a small increase in fuel useage)? What are your thoughts?

Have them on both of our cars. and the ones before as well.

I just think they finish the car off,

Get the dealer to put them on FOC because you've had to wait abit longer.

Have them on both of our cars. and the ones before as well.

I just think they finish the car off,

Get the dealer to put them on FOC because you've had to wait abit longer.

I could try although it would be taking the Pi## slightly as I have already scabbed floor mats FOC and got the courtesy car for a week FOC too:O

I ordered front and rear mudflaps because I'd had them on my previous Skoda and I thought that they looked good. However, my previous car was a light colour, so they stood out more than on my current Rosso-coloured car.

Judge for yourself whether they look OK in some of the pics I took here. :)

Ray

Increase in fuel consupmtion is minimal : you won`t even notice it. So I think that those are a cheap way to protect the paint of your car. Little stones from the road chip away the paint quite quickly from below. So a small investment considering the advantages. :thumbup:

Despite my Superb being a company car, I paid from my own pocket to have mudflaps fitted. The mudflaps are smaller than those fitted to the rear of my Octy, howver, they do a fair job of deflecting mud and grime. I also bought a flexible load liner which is good for transporting wet/damp rubbish to the tip and ensures the boot carpet stays dry.