What do you think of this front bumper "design"?

Hi there people, I was thinking of colour coding my front bumper inserts but then thought it might look pretty cool if it was completely smooth. I edited this pic that I already had (as you can tell I'm not an expert at image editing haha). Please give your opinions, think I should do it?

(Btw I've had the wing mirrors colour coded and O/S fog grille replaced since this pic was taken).

PC220004.jpg

Think it looks good, but you need to ensure you do the other side of the bumper as well! ;) "You missed a bit"

BTW - Needs lowering :D

Haha it took me ages to do just one side I couldn't be bothered to do the other :P

I've put my original alloys back on for now until I get some lowering spring as it doesn't handle as well with the ride height that high.

Yeah, I always liked the facelift bumpers but thought the rubber strips looked a bit of an after thought.. so getting rid of em' would make em' look great!

I think you should go for it.

Like the smooth look.

Here's a crappy try from me of coding your grill and lowering a bit.

Not used photoshop in ages. :o

bluefabiachop.jpg

Now that looks pretty awesome! Haha better job than I could do anyway, I've tried editing the chrome grille surround but mine has turned out rubbish :P

How much do you think I should lower it by? I was thinking 30-40mm, I was going to get these: SKODA Fabia 1.4 excl. Estate APEX LOWERING SPRING KIT on eBay, also Suspension Components, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 08-Jun-09 23:00:06 BST)

Do it. Also color-code the grill and add a cupra splitter. It will nicely finish it off. And also - don't even think of color-coding the fog light inserts and the center bumper insert - it will look rubbish!

Yeah, I always liked the facelift bumpers but thought the rubber strips looked a bit of an after thought.. so getting rid of em' would make em' look great!

They've always reminded me of a mustache :P

What about this? (I don't like the grill btw)

[ATTACH]28696[/ATTACH]

I don't know whether I like this or not, it definitely looks more aggressive (which is obv a good thing :)) but it doesn't align correctly with the grille..

As for the grille surround, do you think it would look better in black?

One thing I've noticed in your pictures is that where you have that fog light surround / grille missing the blue paint of the bumper is visible much deeper into the bumper as it lips around the edge normally covered up.. kinda reminiscent of the original Fabia's GT spoiler.

Being careful not to chav it up to much, a nice bit of mesh (black) in place of the original grilles and attached from the rear of the hole rather then slotted in from the front could make the bumper look quite chunky & sporty.

Found this pic, just to show what i mean by the grille covers up the lip and makes the bumper look shallower.

skoda-fabia-hatchback.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I like that! Is that photoshop or real?

It's photshopped :P think I might go ahead with this now as I probably won't have enough money for a vrs bumper :(

do the bump strips just stick on, or do they sit in a "recess" which would need filling and painting?

If so, you'll probably end up paying as much for that as you would for a second hand vRS bumper...

(just my tuppence worth:D)

Been done... by me, did cost a lot more than a VRS bumper would, PM me for details, i know it isn't a facelift model, but here is mine:

31032009117-1.jpg

31032009118.jpg

And, just for good measure, I had the back smoothed too:

31032009120.jpg

I say go for it dude, make your car yur own and screw the haters... just don't be disheartened by how much it's gunna cost, you're talking about £200 just for the front done....

Take care! -Duggie.

do the bump strips just stick on, or do they sit in a "recess" which would need filling and painting?

If so, you'll probably end up paying as much for that as you would for a second hand vRS bumper...

(just my tuppence worth:D)

Yeah I think they'd need filling and painting :/ Looks like I'll have to save up then :( I think I'd prefer this rather than a vRS bumper tbh, it's growing on me :)