Briskoda Scottish Region Camping Trip idea

Skodaboy1983

Hi all,

I've been asked by a couple of folk if we are having another Briskoda Scottish Region Camping trip and I'm happy to sort out another one for say middle of August as there seems to be a lot happening in the world of Briskoda ie Camping trip in June, National Day in July, a possible camping trip in July or August, so I thought about the middle of August say say the weekend of the 14th August 2009.

To get some more members along I'm thinking of planning this in the borders so we could invite say the North West Region and the the North East Regions to pop along.

The plan for the weekend would be arrive on the friday, go for a drive on the saturday and grab a bite to eat and then on sunday maybe go for another drive before heading for home.

As said this is a idea so if you have any ideas where we could go, I will look into this later.

Roll on the summer!

Edited by Skodaboy1983
Change of title...

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1)Skodaboy1983 & Skodagirl1985

2.) Nokiauk (maybe)

3) MudPuppy (maybe)

I'll put myself down as Maybe as it depends on the date - I can't do that weekend as it's the BTCC (or the one after) :D

We could probably do the aug date, as we have the following weekend off... If the weathers nice up North that week, we could be persuaded to do Scotland for the rest of the week, so starting it with a brisky meet could be fun :thumbup:

1)Skodaboy1983 & Skodagirl1985

2.) Nokiauk (maybe)

3) MudPuppy (maybe)

4) Sharkrider, swmbo, HC (weather permitting ;) )

I can't do that weekend as it's the BTCC

Thanks for reminding me forgot the BTCC was at Knockhill that weekend. A change if date would be handy so I don't have to toss a coin.

IThe end of july date suits me I've got a hectic july, with national day, a wedding to attend, holiday but end of july suits me as the following weekend I have another wedding to attend ah to be popular!

so we're saying the 31st July to the 2nd August.

I don't intend coming but can give you advice on Dumfries and Galloway if you wish. I live in and work around the Castle Douglas(campsite at Parton is nice maybe midges though!) area so can highly reccomend that. In fact I would go so far as to say choose a place to the WEST of Castle Douglas and you won't go far wrong.

PORTPATRICK is highly reccomended. Nice harbour town with a few good pubs/restaurants. Campsite at top of town. Easy driving distance to Mull Of Galloway (Scotlands most Southerly point). Port Logan (location of BBC 2000 Acres of Sky) en route to/from Portpatrick you could visit Bladnoch Distillery and Visitor centre(scotlands most Southerly distillery)

Happy to give some pointers if you want or tell me to mind my own business if I'm interfering.

Cheers