Briskoda Scottish Region Camping Trip idea

Skodaboy1983

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be up for a spot of camping.Hopefully be able to sort some time off once the date has been finalised.One request though please please please can some more felly owners go.:rofl:

Loskie - Tbaks for your input, sure we can't tempt you mate that hotel/campsite looks fantastic mate.

No thanks I'm a bit of a miserable, unsociable bugger. The hotel is only 12 miles or so away from me. I stayed there during the foot and mouth outbreak in 2001 as I was working for DEFRA on the next door farm. The guy there really looked after us well. It's a homely not fancy kind of place.

I may pop up for a pint to say hello. This really is a great area to visit for walking , mountainbiking etc (check out 7stanes mountainbiking)

cheers

Graham

I think the date of 31st July to 2nd August has been confirmed now

Sorry for not seeing that,I start my new job on tuesday so will have to leave it a while before taking time off but still sounds good and hopefully will be there.Anyway i'll see you tomorrow mate:thumbup:

I don't intend coming but can give you advice on Dumfries and Galloway if you wish. I live in and work around the Castle Douglas(campsite at Parton is nice maybe midges though!) area so can highly reccomend that. In fact I would go so far as to say choose a place to the WEST of Castle Douglas and you won't go far wrong.

PORTPATRICK is highly reccomended. Nice harbour town with a few good pubs/restaurants. Campsite at top of town. Easy driving distance to Mull Of Galloway (Scotlands most Southerly point). Port Logan (location of BBC 2000 Acres of Sky) en route to/from Portpatrick you could visit Bladnoch Distillery and Visitor centre(scotlands most Southerly distillery)

Happy to give some pointers if you want or tell me to mind my own business if I'm interfering.

Cheers

Also various locations from "The Wicker Man" (1972/3 Edward Woodward version, not the recent Nick Cage one).

If you plan on stopping at the Ken Bridge hotel or general area I might opt out as that's where I stay during the week when I'm working over there ... I do like to go home on occasion :D

Ah ok Kay, venue is not set in stone but if you want to have a gander through the links I stuck up we can sort something out, not wanting you camp where you stay during the week! I was thinking of somewhere in the scottish borders more than sort of dumfries way

If you can come up with some place that has a handy B&B, I might join you Friday night. I'll be at my mum's that week, but need some time Saturday afternoon for food shopping, and have to be on Skye Sunday lunchtime.

No pressure; I'm a maybe, if I can make it suit me.

Nice one Mike mate, be good to see you.

I think the general consensus is the borders way, so I will try and get a chance later in the morning to stick up the peebles sites and we can pick one from there.

1)Skodaboy1983 & Skodagirl1985

2.) Nokiauk (maybe)

3) MudPuppy (maybe)

4) Sharkrider, swmbo, HC (weather permitting)

5)Chris W

6)Alex27

7Mike Wrightson

Here is the current list that I have at the minute and here is the campsite I have in mind

Rosetta Holiday Park Peebles , Peebles Campsites, Borders Campsites and Caravan Sites

It is the Rosetta Holiday park and has 120 pitches, if people are in favour I can phone up and enquire for the group.

Many thanks

Davy

hey Davy you kept this one quiet, but im afraid as much as i want to come we have mini (are we there yet) text over that weekend and a christening to go to, just wished it was a week later and i would have come along!! Still Dave needs to get his finger out and organise another lakes camp meet thing soon ;):thumbup:

Can you at least get the midges cancelled? :D

As per last Friday's discussions, as long as we have a couple of gallons of that Avon stuff we'll be fine I of course am imune and don't get bitten anyway :D