Briskoda Scottish Region Camping Trip idea

Skodaboy1983

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a novice camper could someone please give me a list of things i will need.Can we take BBQ's.:thumbup:And please tell me you are all havin a laugh about the drink.:thumbdwn:

i'm a novice too but i would think the following would apply as a minimum

Tent

Sleeping Bag

Airbed

Torch

I would think BBQ's would be allowed or certainly a camping stove at least. There is a bar/restaurant on site however.

As for the drink I think is personal choice, looks like some of us have chosen not to but feel free to drink if you wish.

I was having a laugh about the drink Alex ... :D

I think it'd be a good idea to check with the campsite about bbqs, but stoves are usually ok so I'm sure we'll have at least 1 of those between us.

Thanks for the advice as to what to bring.As for the drinking i knew it was a personal thing i just didn't want to be the only one drinking.:thumbup:As for the tent and things has anyone got any advice as to where to get decent ones at decent prices.Looks like a nice park hope the weathers as nice when we're there

Edited by alex27

ChrisW880- All we need is that your ok to come and we will call up later this week and book.

Sharkrider - Looking forward to seeing you back in bonnie scotland!

I got my tent in argos for about £30 IIRC which included tent, sleeping bags and camping mats.

ok people I have agreed assist Skodaboy1983 with the booking of this event and as such am planning to confirm bookings to the site by the middle of next week.

List of confirmed people I have so far are:

Skodaboy1983 + Skodagirl1983

Nokiauk

Mudpuppy

Sharkrider

Chrisw880

Alex27

To save hassle I was intending to book and pay the full amount rather than make 2 payments.

Can people please let me know via this thread or PM what size of pitch they require (I would think most will be 1-2 man pitch) and I'll get the booking arranged next week.

I'll collect the money off people at any meets we end up at prior to the camping or on the camping trip itself.

Thanks

I will prolly only need a small pitch, but id swmbo and hc come, We'll bring the big tent..... I suppose thats not very helpful! :o

Well I could initially book a 1-2 man pitch and if it needs upgraded to a larger one could do that later, this be ok?

Ok people I will be phoning to book this on Wednesday all confirmed names and pitches are as follows:

Skodaboy1983 + Skodagirl1985 - 1-2 man

Nokiauk - 1-2 man

Mudpuppy - 1-2 man

Sharkrider - 1-2 man

Mike Wrightson - 1-2 man

Chrisw880 - 1-2 man

Alex27 - 1-2 man

Cost for 2 days will be £12.50 per night so thats £25 each. Hopefully they will give us 7 pitches all together.

As discussed above I can collect the money at any meets we are at or on the weekend itself or I can accept BT or PayPal if people would rather.

Hope the weather is kind to us :thumbup:

cheers for sortin everything nokia I will sort you out for cash there if thats ok. i've been doin a lot of research for tents and stuff the trespass shop in breahead are doin a good deal £65 for rucksack,tent matt and sleepin bag .thin k i'm goin with that:rolleyes:

You might want to get yourself one of those foldable chairs aswell. Much better than sitting on the ground all evening :thumbup:

Good idea :thumbup:, hadn't given a thought to seating arrangements silly me :orb_duh:

Thank you Nokiauk, I will bring a Gazebo with me and two folding chairs, I would hope that the campsite would provide a pitch for all of us together.

Looking forward to this now, hopefully the weather will be good and the drives will be fantastic as well.