Briskoda Jurassic Coast Run! Sunday August 9th!

devonutopia

Well - Due to my exams I have decided to organise the Briskoda Jurassic Coast run for after them, so I have picked August 9th! :thumbup:

This year, it will be running "backwards" to normal, in that we start at the Weymouth(ish) end and run back toward Exmouth (where I have an arduous 1 mile drive home :D)

The start will be at LULWORTH COVE. :) The main car park there. The aim is at 9am, to be heading down to the beach/cove/village for the first bit of tourist stuff. Best to say meet there at 8.30 for a chinwag / banter.

Next stop will be down the coast line at Portland. There will be one stop on the spit, for a quick wander down to the rocky shore, one stop at the top of the hill on the viewpoint, and one stop on the Portland Bill lighthouse. All quite quick stops.

Then it's up the road that runs alongside Chesil beach, up to West Bay, where given it will probably be about noon to 1pm, we will all park up and attempt to find some food - might be fish & chips out of newspaper, but we can make it up as we go along

NEXT stop is Charmouth, where there will be a quick break to check out the fossil museum and maybe take a walk down the beach to find some fossils.....

NEXT will be Lyme Regis where I don't plan to stop as it's nothing that special. Following that the next actual stop is Seaton seafront, where there is a road that goes along the sea wall, where fingers crossed we can all get in one line.

After that we go through Beer, and on the narrow roads / A3052 down to Sidmouth. Might not stop here either.... Then it's on a nice bugger narrow lane (with hidden posts that jump out the grass, eh Ant! ;)) toward Exmouth.

We follow that and eventually pop out at Budleigh Salterton where we will stop in the big car-park for some photos (HUGE carpark so should all be able to get in the same places)

AND finally, it's on to Exmouth, where I plan to find a nice pub somewhere for evening grub, and hopefully there will be a nice sunset over the Exe Estuary. :cool: Aim to finish around 9pm I guess which is when the sun will have gone down.

Ultimately there is NO timetable, NO rush, NO agenda aside from "going here" - and it will be a real easy day with no hard driving, no demanding routes, etc. Be advisable to bring sat-nav as groups can split easily. I will bring postcodes of all meeting points on the day.

Who's up for it then?

1) devonutopia

Edited by devonutopia

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, yes. We'll most likeley do the same as we did last time and have a day at the beach near the start on the Saturday, fingers crossed weather will be suitable for camping...

1) devonutopia

2) dvere & Co

9.30 / 10 ? Who cares? Easy come, easy go! We can stop for lunch where the hell we like, can skip some places, stay longer in others, bring in some new places! Easy, relaxed day! :cool:

Camp site sorted for Friday & Saturday, just ten minutes from Lulworth Cove, handy for the start and for a day on the beach. Swanage, probably :cool:

Just to be sure we make it all the way have booked a hotel for Sunday at Exeter :rofl:

Oh, and a week off work after just in case. Well, with the gear packed & ready, if the weather's good...

Camp site sorted for Friday & Saturday, just ten minutes from Lulworth Cove, handy for the start and for a day on the beach. Swanage, probably :cool:

Just to be sure we make it all the way have booked a hotel for Sunday at Exeter :rofl:

Oh, and a week off work after just in case. Well, with the gear packed & ready, if the weather's good...

You don't seem very organised Ant :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's a bit backward isn't it, Olly? :thumbdwn: Who booked time off before you, or is it some other reason? I love having the flexibility to take time off as and when at my work. :cool: