Need new boots...how much!?!?!?!?!?!?

The only problem with Ultrac Sessantas or Goodyear F1 Assymetrics is they don't have anything smaller than 17 inch, which is no good for the Furby. The Sportrac 3s are said to be very good, they win or do very well in Auto-Express tyre tests.

Forgot the Sessantas don't come in sizes below 17! :(

I have the Sportrac 3's on the Octavia and thus far (only been on about 8 months) they've been excellent, including in the snow.

I also have also had Hytracs on the Fabia for years (3rd set I think) and they have been excellent but are not really a performance tyre).

Another good tyre in my experience (but again not really a performance tyre is the Goodyear Hydragrip which I have on the Mazda (I had trouble finding F1's in the right size but have had a couple of sets of the Hydragrips).

Wow, thats some response, cheers everyone.

First impressions at the moment are that I'm going to ring round a few local places and see if anyone fancies a swift backhand £20 for fitting me some new rubber and then order some P Zero Nero's or more T1R's from Camskill as it seems to be the cheapest option for a performance tyre.

I have to admit though, for all the possible options available I tend to agree with Rik that its only a Skoda. As long as those four bits of rubber keep me planted and last 10-15k it doesn't matter too much so will be researching some of the budget options too. If I can get 2 good quality Nexen(for the sake of argument) tyres for the same price as 1 decent Conti would cost I could consider the rears too as they're not exactly 'brand new'

Apologies to anybody who may consider that to be heresy :-)

Thanks again guys, much appreciated.

I've got P-Zero Nero's on the front of mine and I really like them. Much stiffer side wall the Eagle F1's which tended to be a bit squishy and unnerving.

You can get a quote from Blackcircles including fitting. I do this and then phone the place that's going to do the fitting and they'll generally drop another few quid to beat Blackcircles.