Suggestions for new and entertaining motor racing series

Following on from an idea borne out of a "boring Formula 1" discussion and on-going musings by me and a mate here is your place to create a new motor racing discipline which is entertaining for competitors and spectators alike

Briskoda buy a large plot of land, lay down a few miles of the finest tarmac available, but need championships for people to compete in:-

Top Gear had the right idea with one person steering while the other does the pedals (although might be simpler to use modified dual control driving instructor cars than 2 on top of each other :rolleyes:)

Rear wheel steering would also be a favourite of mine

Suggestions please.... :thumbup:

Following on from an idea borne out of a "boring Formula 1" discussion and on-going musings by me and a mate here

:thumbup: That's me!

Suggestions please.... :thumbup:

Well, there's the obvious ones like:

1. Tyres inflated to a pressure set by the organisers of the event. Could be 60psi, could be 6psi:P Also doesn't have to be all four tyres equal. Might have rears at 60 and fronts a lot lower. Or diagonal corners the same!

2. The "Gentlemens ever so polite racing championship", whereby any overtake or manoeuvre judged to be impolite, rude or just downright pushy (e.g. not checking ones mirrors before pulling out to overtake) incurs a penalty of some sort.

3. The Reverse gear only championship. You must reverse at all times using your vehicle's standard gearing. And you must use the correct 'left arm hooked around the passenger seat headrest' position at ALL times.

4. Using a mobile phone whilst driving championship. All participants MUST be talking on their mobile (without a hands-free device of any sort) for the entire duration of the race. Could also feature knee-steering, coffee drinking and eating at the wheel classes.

5. Simply - Traction engine racing.

6. Miles per gallon championship

I could go on :eek: :o

well i knew you'd have ideas :P

Marshals will supersoakers full of some sort of lubricant.

That way they can grease the track up nicely when they feel its appropriate.

Having half the field going in one direction, and the other half in the opposite direction might be quite entertaining........

.........although I suppose not that dissimilar to how BTCC is now :rofl:

Similar to the 2 person driving one... but the person controlling the accelerator and brake does so by remote control. The person steering sits in the car. Don't know how many people would volunteer for steering duty though!

Something a long the lines of Mario Kart might be quite interesting where you gain powerups. A nitrous boost or a power up that reverses the steering direction of an opponent for a random amount of time.

Something ... that reverses the steering direction of an opponent for a random amount of time.

I love that!! Turn the wheel left and the whels turn right! Now that would take skill!

Thinking a suspended track with no sides - get your line wrong you drop off and into something soft and life saving or to add extra incentive something painful and spikey

Anything goes series.

Only rule is that the cars must make at least 3000hp per ton and manage 3 miles between refuelling.

Articulated lorry racing inc trailers. Trailers can be filled with anything you like to hinder opponents.

Armoured vehicle full contact banger racing. Min 30T per vehicle

Petrol fox racing. 'Fox' on a light scrambler is chased by either large 4x4 with RPGs or large armoured vehicles like Chieftain tanks.

Last Man Standing or Cat and Mouse (from my Project Gotham Racing 2 days).

Last man standing is where all drivers start in something like an MX5 and complete say 5 laps of a course. The person that finishes last then moves in to something like an Enzo and has to do whatever they can to hinder the person in first place on the next 5 laps. The person that finishes last also then moves into a super car and has to hinder the person running first. This continues until only 1 person is left in the slower car. Don't know quite how you'd sort out contact or protecting the cars but it could be quite entertaining.

Cat and Mouse (usually done on the 'Ring) is where you team up. One person drives a Mini or similar (the mouse) and the other person in the team drives a super car (the cat). The aim of the game is to make sure your mouse is the first over the line. This can be done by pushing your mouse down the straights to boost its top speed or help it accelerate faster, or by blocking/taking out the opponents mice to keep yours in the lead. So say you have 8 racers, 4 cats, 4 mice, it should make for some entertaining racing!

Can-Am - pretty much no rules other than size, weight and safety requirements.

You want to turn up with something that runs 10" rims, fine. You want to turn up with a 7l flat-16 twin turbo, that's fine too! So is a production 7l V8 with rampipes ending 18" above the manifold!...

Mobility scooter racing could be rather entertaining I reckon.

Good idea but think big...

Jet propelled mobility scooter racing. Replace the batteries and motors with those kerosene burning model plane jet engines and stick it on kart rubber.

Good idea but think big...

Jet propelled mobility scooter racing. Replace the batteries and motors with those kerosene burning model plane jet engines and stick it on kart rubber.

Or start with milk floats, and use engines from real aeroplanes rather than models!

Something a long the lines of Mario Kart might be quite interesting where you gain powerups. A nitrous boost or a power up that reverses the steering direction of an opponent for a random amount of time.

Have you ever seen "Death Race" (the Jason Stratham film, not the original "Death Race 2000")?

• 3 weeks later...

The marshalls could have paintball guns to attached the windows? Or maybe remove the windows and the marshalls can shoot you! :rofl:

Removal of all mirrors.

Caravan towing championship

Ooh how about a car agility course!!

Have you ever seen "Death Race" (the Jason Stratham film, not the original "Death Race 2000")?

Fantastic film, not many people liked it that much but I loved it :thumbup:

Navigator wasn't bad looking either :o

Can-Am - pretty much no rules other than size, weight and safety requirements.

You want to turn up with something that runs 10" rims, fine. You want to turn up with a 7l flat-16 twin turbo, that's fine too! So is a production 7l V8 with rampipes ending 18" above the manifold!...

Yup so long as you stick to a budget ceiling too.