Audi style led lights

If anyone finds an ebay auction for them, please post a link.:thumbup:

I'd seen some ceramic resistors on sale on ebay to use in parallel with LEDs to fool the bulb check curcuit. They were expensive so I worked out what resistance I needed (roughly 46 ohms) popped down to Maplins to get some.

I bench tested them but after a minute of two they are too hot to touch, although not red hot like normal resistors would get.

So I'm still with the W5W standard bulbs which don't match my CCFLs or my HID dipped lights.

If anyone finds an ebay auction for them, please post a link.:thumbup:.

Just found them 2x T10 W5W 2 LED NO ERROR WARNING ECU SUPER WHITE BULB on eBay (end time 07-Jul-09 07:27:16 BST)

Little bit of a price hike at £17.99 delivered compared to Mater's £6.50 though... but would certainly be a better match to the xenons compared to Philips BlueVision, and they're not cheap either.

Gary

I just bought some similar to this for £6.50 delivered SMD LED's

Will let you know if they work

Carl:thumbup:

So can you tell me if the led's you bought have resisters fitted do they dont fault on the dash?

Cheers

Does anyone who has fitted these to the lower grill thought about the possibility of needing to whip them trim off to access the towing eye point?

Or have you left enough slack etc to allow the trim to be removed easily and positioned out of the way in the event of needing a tow?

All taken care of. I made sure that everything was easily removable and serviceable.

Truth be told, one of my CCFLs turned purple and it only took me 20 minutes to replace it.

Would it be legal to wire up the front fogs to come on during the day as "daytime running lights?":confused:

Obviously they would have to be wired to turn off when the headlights were turned on.and be able to be turned on during fog

You can do it through VCDS

I'd have to look but im sure you can alter the brightness aswell so they are dimmer for DRL and brighter when you want them as Fog's.

You can do it through VCDS

I'd have to look but im sure you can alter the brightness aswell so they are dimmer for DRL and brighter when you want them as Fog's.

Would they be legal if you wired 'em up at full brightness then?

Gord:confused:

• 3 weeks later...