Octavia VRS insurance

Hey,

I am looking to purchase an Octavia VRS II for around 8k, but first of all I am looking at insurance.

Could anyone recommend any decent insurance companies/insurance brokers that would insure me, a 22 year old Male that works in the motor industry, that wont cost the earth.

I have already tried Adrian Flux but they are quoting me £1600 and have got a bit better else where.

Thanks in advance! :)

try elephant and admiral and see if ur parents or any older mates wouldnt mind going on as named drivers if no accs in past 3 years and they drive their own car it should be pretty cheap. i got mine down from £1800 to £800 with elephant by adding named drivers.

This year I found that More Than offered me the very best deal on my Octy vRS - cheaper than almost everywhere else and I'm on a silly low excess of around £50 too.

I'm insured with MoreThan. 27 years old. Full NCB, 3 points, Mrs as a named driver, living in what's probably not a great Sheffield postcode.

If you take into account £65 cashback through quidco and the £25 fuel card they sent you for joining up, it was £205 for the year. That was on my Elegance though. I changed to the VRS 6 months into the policy and the supplement I had to pay for the remaining 6 months for having the VRS was a paltry £16. Looks like the fuel card offer has ended but the quidco cashback is now £75.

Depends what you intend doing to it; if you're going to make alterations/mods within the year, I'd be more inclined to try Chris Knott/Adrian Flux/Brentace/A-Plan.

Otherwise, the usual suspects - More Than, Privilege, Admiral, Elephant etc.

As ever, all depends on your driving record and postcode. What is the best company for one person at one end of the country, will be the worst for another elsewhere :)

But spending an afternoon online/on the phone will no doubt pay off in getting the best possible price. Good luck :thumbup:

Steve

Im with morethan myself for the vrs,only thing is every year they try and come it ,the price on my renewal letter is always 40-50 quid dearer than it quotes me when i go on their website,i.e this year renewal letter states £320, go on confused and morethan.com and get quoted £256,anyway ring them up to see whats what and get same bulls@@t i get every year, the renewal comes from different department but they will check the quote on line and low and behold they come back with £270 f/c protected no claims for life and legal cover, i have had two cars with them for about ten years and its same old same old with each car every year,never claimed off them so dont know if they would be better or worse than anybody else.

Edited by cbr600
mistake

Mine's due end of month and my current insurer Tesco are the cheapest although their web site provides a £30 saving over my renewal. I think they will insure mods too.

only thing I would say with quinn direct, yes there cheap but you get what you pay for, if it comes to making a claim there useless, thats from my experience anyway

Based on what I've heard (Including that even Quinn employees won't get insurance with the Quinn group because they know just how bad the company is to deal with claims), I'd avoid them like the plague.

The only reason the Quinn group started an insurance company in the first place was because they realised how much they were being ripped off trying to insure their quarrying/concrete/glass business and had the capital required to do it...