Need Help

Hi guys someone ****head at my college tyres to take my vrs badge but they could not, but they damages my paint

Here is a pic of the damage

29prrls.jpg

so when i got home i took the badge of and found this can some one help me, i need to know how to remove the glue letf from the badge and how can i fix the damage , and where can i get it fixed

Hiya mate sorry to see that:mad:

You could try methalated spirit, as AFAIK it wont damage laquered surfaces.

As for the damage perhaps one of those "chips away" type companys could do it:thumbup: and they would probably be able to remove the glue at the same time;)

will i have to get the whole boot lid resprayed or just that parts, and i might as well get it debadged if i have to spray all of it

i have one more question

how much will it cost to respray the whole boot lid

i got one price from a local body shop they said £170 is that alright or expensive :mad:

sorry for such a big pic

15wmrme.jpg

the parts in red is how much you will see

but i want to get it all fixed as i want to debadge all of it

I wouldn't bother debadging, just use a touch up pen and get some new badges!

Bit of cutting compound once touched up, and you will hardly notice it.

Beats paying an additional £160 imo

Touch up. Resprays on boot last 2 or 3 years the start to show around the edges.

sorry i dont understand what you mean

Do you mean the paint starts to come off

If its not done properly, yes...

They might get away with the top half of the boot lid, blend into the line in the bodywork?

Where are you based?

My bro has an 07 plate golf in black which had a full bonnet respray as the previous owner crashed it not long after it was first registered - it looks really awful now, the edge of the bonnet is bubbling and rusting and damage from even minor stone chips take off a massive chunk of paint and leave the white showing beneath it. If you're getting a respray make sure you use someone reputable. Where ya based dude? I know someone here in liverpool who does excellent body and paint jobs.

i live in berkshire, slough

it would be great if some could give me detail on a good body shop, i dont mind travelling few miles

thanks

Motorcare - Tunbridge Wells - Skoda approved etc

thanks for the help but its bit too far, its 79 miles from my house

something about 10 to 15 miles will be good

thanks for the help tho

Chippenham accident repair center

Vincients Rd

Bumpers Farm, Chippenham, SN14 6NQ

01249 447575‎

They are insurance approved repairer's:thumbup: and have heard good report's from mate's who have had work done there.

Otherwise give these people a try and they come to you:thumbup:

Chip's away

Chippenham accident repair center

Vincients Rd

Bumpers Farm, Chippenham, SN14 6NQ

01249 447575‎

They are insurance approved repairer's:thumbup: and have heard good report's from mate's who have had work done there.

Otherwise give these people a try and they come to you:thumbup:

Chip's away

sorry but the Chippenham accident repair center is 80 miles away but i will call chips away and see is they can help

thanks

But if you guys know of any other bodyshops it will great

thanks again

How about break the guys neck and get him to f*ckin pay for it!!!!!

To a cleaner note, i would buy a touch up pen, buy a new vRS badge. Forget the "Fabia" badge just use terps and your nail, comes straight off.

Good luck anyway mate. Things like this make me afraid to park it anywhere but my own drive.

How about break the guys neck and get him to f*ckin pay for it!!!!!

To a cleaner note, i would buy a touch up pen, buy a new vRS badge. Forget the "Fabia" badge just use terps and your nail, comes straight off.

Good luck anyway mate. Things like this make me afraid to park it anywhere but my own drive.

i would brake his neck if i knew who is was

oh and i got the glue off using white spirit

142rfj5.jpg

i found a bodyshop in slough, so im going to be respraying the boot lid and rear bumper because it bit messed up and im going to get all of it debadged

thanks for the help guys :D

oh and im gona ask the collage if they have CCTV is the car park, so i will get back to you guys on that