Which Features / Options Would You Like to See?

I bet that it's only marketing,

industrial cost of a sheet of even polished aluminum and of some felt is negligible, even if multiplied by ten when considered all the chain to the end user.

my 0.02

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was in the market for another Octavia 2 I would go for a DSG 1.8 TFSI Elegance Hatchback.

Except you can't get this model, only L@K which is 4k more expensive.

It would also need to have a standard multi function SW with paddles and sport suspension - there goes 1100 quid...

I don't yet miss the heated screen my Focus ST had, but suspect I will come winter, but I do miss the Xenon lights on my 2007 VRS, as do I miss the remote radio control. I must have flashed about 5 people thinking I was changing track on the CD :o

So I would be spending £17,500 on my new Octavia Elegance 1.8 TFSI DSG hatch. On second thought, I would buy one in Czech, register it at our flat there and drive it home ...

Edited by modra_vrs

You may need to buy an Audi.

Basic Skoda car is very good and the price reflects the small shortcomings.

We can have some extras but they all tally up.

Try it, add all the extras to a basic Octavia.

That said I would like most of the above and I have a Columbus, Xenons, etc.

Actually, an Audi does not have the practicality of a Skoda. Sit in it. Imagine where you are going to put everything. Look at the cabin of an A3 or A4. No footrest to put your right foot when on cruise control. No other car I have found has this either. Audi A3 used to, but it is not there on the latest. BMW, Merc. do not have it. None of those have decent door pockets (some of them are almost impossible to get into), and certainly no where to put a bottle of water. Some have very breakable pop out cup holders. All have very little in the way of any storage up front. Audi's centre console round the gear level is a mastery of style over function. I could not find anywhere to put my sunglasses like in my Octavia pocket by the interior roof light.

And how wonderful is the Skoda simple windscreen clip to put your parking tickets? No more glue on the windscreen. My screen got broken and had to be replaced, and they "lost" the clip, so I am back to cleaning the windscreen regularly.

And don't even start on their pathetic boots. Either too small or too difficult to get into.

Even though it is cheaper, and I want an Audi Quattro, I have had to choose another Octavia L&K as my replacement car.

Surprisingly, the Skoda Superb does not even have a space for the right foot.

Curtain Air-bags should be standard across the range. I think only the L&K gets them as standard (not sure about VRS).

Why should L&K drivers be better protected than the rest of us?

ESP should be standard across all VAG products. I also second the bonnet strut. I was suprised that the Octavia II didnt have a bonnet strut.

Also the sound system needs reworking. Although it isnt the worst sound system I've heard.:D

Edited by smoggie9

I also second the bonnet strut. I was suprised that the Octavia II didnt have a bonnet strut.
Why? :confused:

How hard is it to operate the existing prop? It's not as if you need to open the bonnet when your arms of full of stuff is it....

:eek: Priced up my £17,500 Elegance 1.8 TFSi DSG with Sports Suspension and flappy paddle steering wheel on the Czech Skoda configurator and with an exchange rate of 29 crowns to a pound I would have to pay over £20,000.... something wrong here....

A decent use for the top dash cubby, maybe some ipod/satnav mounts for it. Or maybe a motorized screen like some executive barges.

Front screen demister a definate.

A proper built in Ipod dock in the glovebox like some Audi's or in the Jumbo box, infact....

A decent use for the Jumbo box other than warming/cooling 2 coke cans.

More comfortable rear seats, or at least a couple of cup holders in the rear arm rests.

The face-lifted Octavia should have electrically folding mirrors as an option. Yes they are a standard feature in the Elegance and L & K. What about the other models such as 4 x 4, Scout and VRs? I'm sure this option would be very popular.

I also agree that cutain air bags and ESP should be standard across the range.

1. 170CR engine in L&K

or. Electric memory seats in vRS, and options to make it L&K spec...

AND it should be able to use bio-diesel.

2. A button on the steering wheel that does the same as the TP button on the radio. Often a traffic alert comes from way outside my area (York when I was driving past Newcastle upon Tyne today!) and it would be great to be able to opt out of it quickly without going to the radio. To be honest the volume buttons are not so useful. Usually I just turn the knob.

?? you can, just press the ^ navigation button next to the volume buttons in strg wheel to return to CD or the station you are listening too!;)

Why? :confused:

How hard is it to operate the existing prop? It's not as if you need to open the bonnet when your arms of full of stuff is it....

Hi No Waiting, you are correct, it isn't that hard to operate the existing prop. I do feel that a strut is more substantial/secure that a prop. That maybe just me though. If many other VAG products have the strut then why not Skoda Octavia's?:rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

+1 for:

flappy paddles on all DSG

electric folding door mirrors

I'd also like electric key-coded seats (like on the L&K) or a wife who would remember to put the seat back after driving it so I can get in without shattering my kneecaps :thumbup:

Non-slip boot floor lining so stuff doesn't get bashed from side-to-side when going around a roundabout :rolleyes:

I can have air-con as standard, but I can't have a spare wheel or mats? OK, but make the dealer throw 'em in as freebie extras then :D

5. an auto disengaging clutch when i take my foot off the accelerator. I had this in a Vauxhall automatic, and above 40mph it just freewheeled. When i accelerated again or it dropped below 40, the engine cut in again. It saved fuel.

Currently fuel injected cars use no fuel once you step off the accelerator anyway (On the diesels they don't stop injecting fuel immediately to avoid a sudden jolt as the fuel is cut (Stronger on a diesel thanks to the higher compression ratio), but gradually drop to no fuel injection over probably a second or two).

If you push the clutch in to allow the car to coast it is less fuel efficient as the engine has to burn fuel to keep itself idling with no load, while no fuel is burned if the wheels are keeping the engine spinning thanks to the car's existing momentum.

Currently fuel injected cars use no fuel once you step off the accelerator anyway (On the diesels they don't stop injecting fuel immediately to avoid a sudden jolt as the fuel is cut (Stronger on a diesel thanks to the higher compression ratio), but gradually drop to no fuel injection over probably a second or two).

If you push the clutch in to allow the car to coast it is less fuel efficient as the engine has to burn fuel to keep itself idling with no load, while no fuel is burned if the wheels are keeping the engine spinning thanks to the car's existing momentum.

THanks for the info. The reqason for my concern is that on my DSG diesel, when I step off the accelerator the car is slowed down quite significantly by the engine. On my last car the consumption went to "---" and on this one it defaults to 200mpg. It may not be using any fuel, but I will have to use more fuel to bring it back up to speed. This even happens on downhill stretches. There were a couple of such stretches on my way to work. If instead I knocked the car into neutral, it would speed up on those two stretches. It might be using tickover fuel, but my feeling is that this would be more efficient than being slowed down and hacving to speed up again.

I guess it would need pretty technical equipment to measure any difference. I'd welcome your thoughts.

Bi-Xenons (surely it would have been cheaper to use the Golf headlight mechanicals rather than develop a lo beam only unit just for Skodas)

AWD on the vRS

Passenger mirror automatically pointing down when reverse gear is selected (save kerbing wheels)

Radio display that can be read when wearing polarising sunglasses

Full sized spare (and yes, I'm prepared to sacrifice 20 mm of boot depth to get it)

The hi-po 5 cylinder engine from the Audi TT RS

Less road roar when driving on coarse aggregate roads

A more robust fuel filler cap

Slightly less power assistance on the brakes

Larger fuel tank (yeah I know, I should have bought a diesel blah blah blah ;) )

Bi-Xenons (surely it would have been cheaper to use the Golf headlight mechanicals rather than develop a lo beam only unit just for Skodas)

AWD on the vRS

Passenger mirror automatically pointing down when reverse gear is selected (save kerbing wheels)

Radio display that can be read when wearing polarising sunglasses

Full sized spare (and yes, I'm prepared to sacrifice 20 mm of boot depth to get it)

The hi-po 5 cylinder engine from the Audi TT RS

Less road roar when driving on coarse aggregate roads

A more robust fuel filler cap

Slightly less power assistance on the brakes

Larger fuel tank (yeah I know, I should have bought a diesel blah blah blah ;) )

I agree with most of the above and I'd also like intelligent Cruise Control where it adjusts the speed to the same as the car in front.

electic boot opener on the Octavia, I do think though that if i wanted all of toys mentioned above I would not buy a skoda but an Audi.

But an A3 has a pathetically small boot and an A4 is a bigger car with a boot that is harder to get into and less useful, or an estate which is a whole different ball game. I know because i tested them in various guises. Octavia wins for me.

But an A3 has a pathetically small boot and an A4 is a bigger car with a boot that is harder to get into and less useful, or an estate which is a whole different ball game. I know because i tested them in various guises. Octavia wins for me.

Sorry I was not clear I meant the Octavia estate, and was thinking A4 estate

• 1 year later...

Slide out drink holder in rear armrest.

Seat-back fold-up tables.

12v socket in rear of armrest for rear seat passengers.

Fold flat front passenger seat.