Thought all vRS's had climate? but not run-flats

Looked at a petrol vRS today and was surprised to see it didn't have climate control!

I thought it was standard(it was a 2007 model)

Also spotted the tyre pressure button and the dealer said it was because it had run-flats. Is this right?

Climate was not standard but an option, but around 2007 Skoda bundled climate, rear electric windows, jumbo box and 18" wheels together as an upgrade pack on all vRS's.

This pretty much continued until the facelift model which has all of these as standard (I am sure that other people will have a better idea of the dates than me).

Run flats are definitely not standard, or an option. The TPM works with the standard tyres.

Looked at a petrol vRS today and was surprised to see it didn't have climate control!

I thought it was standard(it was a 2007 model)

Also spotted the tyre pressure button and the dealer said it was because it had run-flats. Is this right?

Some dealers do talk rubbish :rolleyes:

It never ceases to amaze me how much shoite some dealers talk, and expect people to trust them.

Check under the boot floor, and you'll find a SPARE TYRE!!!!

I suppose that's just in case the run flats don't work is it...?!?

Berks

Thanks everyone,said to wife "how come there's a spare with run flats" Obviously dealer was talking BS.

Anyway car was 2007 with 17's,no climate and no rear electric windows and no jumbo box.

One I'm going to look at today has all these but is a 2006.

They are both the same mileage and both the same price.

Which would you go for assuming I can get the same p/x?

One thing in the 2007 models favour is an extra year to the timing belt change.

I have a 2007 vRS that doesn't have the Dual Zone climate control or rear electric windows or jumbo box and i have 17's.

The Jumbo box would be useful but to be honest i have never missed it. As for the rear elec windows i aint fussed as my drivers window is electric :D

If it was me with my money i would get the 2007 model just so i had the newer car. Especially if they are the same price.

As for TPM it is a system that monitors the tyre pressure. Any change of around 6 psi then it alarms on the dash to warn you. Very handy for noticing slow punctures.

HTH

Carl

Edited by Mater

IMHO i don't see how dual zone is better. To me it's a gimmick and Aircon is Aircon to me.

Carl:thumbup:

You obviously don't have a women sitting in the passenger seat that dislikes the air as cold as you do! :( 19c for me and 23c for the missus. ;)

Climate control also regulates and maintains the set cabin temperature whereas A/C won't afaik.

Lee

Got the 2006 model with all the toys,including reversing sensors and a free service plus 12 month warranty (2007 model only had 9 month) and 12 month breakdown!

Also with climate you get air vents in the back,much better for the passengers.

Get it friday-Yippee!!!!!

You obviously don't have a women sitting in the passenger seat that dislikes the air as cold as you do! :( 19c for me and 23c for the missus. ;)

Lee

Actually i do :P

I just wear the trousers when it comes to MY car :P:P:P:D

And if you believe that you will believe anything :o:O

Got the 2006 model with all the toys,including reversing sensors and a free service plus 12 month warranty (2007 model only had 9 month) and 12 month breakdown!

Get it friday-Yippee!!!!!

It's the choice I'd have made :thumbup:

You mean you dont get the rear vents in the Octy if it is only specified with basic A/C?! :confused:

Nope just the front vents.

I dont care though as i drive sat in the front and the passengers either like it at my Temp or they freeze/sweat :D

Never had any complaints yet :)

My Jan. 2007 vRS is pre Jumbo Pack too.

So I've only got thje 17" Zenith's - Not really worried about those.

No Jumbo Box - Not the end of the world, but considering a Retro Fit.

Standard AC - As said above, the standard AC really does do the job. My back seat passengers have never complained.

No electric rear windows - Not a biggie at all, more often than not it's just me and the wife.

But as has also been said - if you can go for a newer vehicle and that happens to have all of the extras then go for it.

dont forget that with the jumbo pack not only do you get the arm rest and storage box which acts as a cooler also(connected to your air con), you get the rear vents, dual climate, and i agree with focusztec, on my wife always changing her side, but i find the biggest thing is that i can play my ipod through the aux socket in the jumbo box. way cheaper than going for the ipod connector option

dont forget that with the jumbo pack not only do you get the arm rest and storage box which acts as a cooler also(connected to your air con), you get the rear vents, dual climate, and i agree with focusztec, on my wife always changing her side, but i find the biggest thing is that i can play my ipod through the aux socket in the jumbo box. way cheaper than going for the ipod connector option

Ditto that! :thumbup:

Didn't realise there was an aux socket in the Jumbo box. Is it also true that the cd changer plays mp3 discs?

if its the same as the mk1 then you won't get global cloure with keep fit windows in the back, only works with electrics all round.

I have global opening and closing of the front windows on my vRS

Obviously the backs don't as they have a winder not electrics but the fronts still close and open with the remote.

I have global opening and closing of the front windows on my vRS

Obviously the backs don't as they have a winder not electrics but the fronts still close and open with the remote.

What's global closing?