erm, rust!

Got an 18month old VRS from my local dealer, its got 3600 miles on it.

I noticed the other day a spot , now this is not good, the car has never had a bump, and on very close inspection, never had any paint on it.

Andrew

IIRC the bodywork is warrantied against rust for 6 years (or is it 10 - in any case, it's a long time) - BUT that is only a guarantee against rust perforation.

The days of factory-installed rust are long gone, though. Surface rust might not be covered by the warranty, but even so it is inexcusable on an 18 month old car. Well worth a visit to the dealer, IMO.

Paintwork Warranty is 3 years - Unlimited Mileage.

In addition' date=' SkodaAuto are pleased to provide a 10-year anti-perforation warranty. This offers assurance that any defect in the corrosion protection applied to body panels, that results in perforation corrosion is rectified at no cost[/quote']

Read that how you like....

:)

just been to my local dealer, then was told to take it to the local VW garage,as thats where the paint will be done. Will post a pic before I take it in.

Thought I'd got rid of VW out of my life when I sold the Golf! Ah well.

Andrew

OK, as above, went to Skoda (15miles) told me to go to VW bodyshop(4 more miles), took estimate told me to go back to skoda with paperwork, then trip home (19miles).

Waited a week, got a phone call, now Skoda want it 'inspecting' by an independent paint expert, (this is after , A) Mechanic B) Service manager c) od shop man at Reg Vardy's all looked and said RUST) so another trip BACK to the dealers, (30miles round)

Total wait so far - 1week

Total Miles so far - 68 miles and its still rusty!

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

after much running around, and the Skoda paint expert coming round, its booked in, 1 month after I first reported it!!

Luckily Skoda are covering my insurance on the loan car, and it should all be done today!

Hi I have not written for a while -but advice required from you competent Skoda buffs. I have got no 80 WRC and when I start up in the morning - unless I leave it to come of choke - she will splutter a little and not respond. It has been serviced but no change espite mntioning my niggle. Secondly , on tick over you can hear a ticking noise in the car - as if it is resonating from the engine bay. Is this irritating phenomena normal? Thirdly I had rust on the lookalike bolt on top of the nearside headlight as viewed from inside the engine bay Good news is that they changed the complete Xenon unit! Expensive but as the service guy at Gorners said " Skodas dont rust" Help appreciated Mel St.Helens no 80