diesel turbo's are rubbish

bengie

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a GT30 is BLOODY big as turbos go. :rofl:

I'm not sure how big my turbo is. It is similar to a stage 2 pd130 one, but my actual turbo bit is not pd130 - I believe it is a VNT22/25 (compared to VNT17 for pd130)

Well a GT30 is BLOODY big as turbos go. :rofl:

I'm not sure how big my turbo is. It is similar to a stage 2 pd130 one, but my actual turbo bit is not pd130 - I believe it is a VNT22/25 (compared to VNT17 for pd130)

this isn't actually a PD130 its for a PD160 and is based on a PD150 turbo :)

its quite a bit smaller actually, that gt30 is bigger than the gt28 going on my car now which in turn is bigger than a gt25.

dont ruin it for me man.... in my eyes mines nearly as big :D

and i know for a fact unless you start bashing the bulkhead nothing bigger can be put in the furby.

I am fairly sure a TDI would never reach the revs to be able to start spinning a GT30 effectively. I imagine they're built primarily for power from 5,000 to 7,500 revs? I guess the TDI turbos are smaller because they're spinning below 2,000 rpm and often at full pressure by 2,000 rpm / 2,500 rpm? The lag on my VT5 can be bad if not driven right, but having a GT30 sounds way worse. Oh, I'm at 4,000 rpm - VROOOOOM! (for 500 revs.....[change down, repeat])

The biggest VNT turbo I am aware of is one BMW uses - X5 3 litre I think - VNT25. Not sure being a "25" makes it the same size as a GT"25" ??

diseasles are for the devil,horrible granny mobiles,:D

don't talk daft ffs...the in-gear shove in the back brought about by the wave of torque which I exploit to mercilessly dispatch with vastly more exotic and allegedly faster cars coupled with the amazing mpg means that diesel is the future for anyone with even half a brain...:rolleyes: diesel power rules and you all ****ing knows it

:rofl:

yeah, think of someone like steeviewonder, his is revving to over 8k so not spooling until 3k and not making full boost until 4k isn't really an issue as you still have 4k rpm to play with :D

yeah, think of someone like steeviewonder, his is revving to over 8k so not spooling until 3k and not making full boost until 4k isn't really an issue as you still have 4k rpm to play with :D

................ and hoooooge lag upto 4k :rofl:

................ and hoooooge lag upto 4k :rofl:

lag means nothing when driven correctly, my mazda doesn't make decent power until around 4k yet driven right has no lag and pulls constantly.