Anyone on here with cats.....

DaveHarries

I'm not pwn3d by any cats, but I visit plenty of people who are, and I'd say there's no truth at all in this. No matter what the cats try, the likely response to "feed me" behaviours outside their regular mealtime slots is "look at you, fading away to a mountain."

mine just purr constantly anyway, lol...... and loudly ;) doesn't seem to make a difference what time of day it is, or how hungry they are ;)

Mind you, when all 6 start swarming, I know I gotta feed 'em or get trampled!!

I'd say it's true. When our youngest cat wants something he sounds like a Lancaster bomber coming over the horizon. Our other cat just meows.

It probably depends on the individual cat -like people, some cats just go with the flow, others like to be in charge.

Phil

Guest musky

Ours just pats swmbo on the arm with increasing violence until he gets his food - then goes out! I think he's trained her so that if she goes out while he's out he doesn't miss out on a meal. After all sleeping 20 hours a day is hard graft.

The little one, Mac (or sh|tbag to me) just yells loudly and constantly until he gets what he wants. Nothing subtle or baby -ike.

The big one, Tigger (or Fatlad) just opens the cupboard door and bangs it shut until he gets food. Other than that he hardly ever makes a noise other than a pathetic squeak that just doesn't suit the big git.

I think in the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, it was mice that ruled the Earth and Humans thought they did but didn't. Remember Dogs have owners, Cats have Masters! :D

I wish our cat had a proper meow, as she only squeaks.

mine all have different 'voices'.... different meows, different purrs... can normally tell which one it is even without looking ;)

Jasper is the loudest one though - he has a real Mmrrraaaaaaaahhhh type meow lol... can't ignore him for long ;)

Yup.

Louis just rubs against you meowing and purring when he wants some fuss or food. If you have dougnuts, his face will be mm away from the end of it as you eat waiting for his bit.

That;s bizarre since cats have no sweet tooth. He must just like the greasy dough.

Cats have no sweet tooth

That;s bizarre since cats have no sweet tooth. He must just like the greasy dough.

Cats have no sweet tooth

Fine in theory, but one of my friends used to have a cat that would come and demand a share of the sultanas when you were eating fruit scones and the like. He didn't want the scone, or the butter, just the dried fruit.

I'm sure Suky has a sweet tooth.... she'll 'steal' cakes, croissants, doughnuts.... anything really! Mind you, she normally just gnaws a piece off and leaves the rest in bits on the floor, lol.....

Fine in theory, but one of my friends used to have a cat that would come and demand a share of the sultanas when you were eating fruit scones and the like. He didn't want the scone, or the butter, just the dried fruit.

:eek: ok cats are just weird.

I used to have a dog that would kill for fresh peas, and would eat the pods too, and also had a thing for frozen broccoli.

:eek: ok cats are just weird.

I used to have a dog that would kill for fresh peas, and would eat the pods too, and also had a thing for frozen broccoli.

Well that's certainly true. I mean I've seen known full bothers who were raised together exhibit different tastes and behaviours.

Sorry to hear that. We lost one of ours not long ago suddenly to a saddle thrombosis brought on by an undetected heart defect.

It doesn't make it any easier but you've done the proper thing as a responsible owner and your cat isn't suffering any more.

sorry to hear about your loss, Paul..... *furry kitty hugz*

Simbo... strange that you have a Jasper and a Suki as well!! (although mine is Suky, lol... ) All you need now is a Monty, a Maisy, a Poppy and a George to complete the set ;)

Our youngest one has now started coming with us when I take the dog out for her last walk before bed. He takes great delight in racing ahead through the undergrowth, then leaping out from cover as we pass.

Even the dog's getting bored of the game!

Phil

Back when I was a lad and we had our old Siamese "Charlie", Mum got her money back from Whiskas on one of their "guaranteed your cat will love it" offers. She mentioned in the letter that they might have more success if they made a 'rubber band' or 'raw chip' flavour.