Toyo T1R's on a Octy?

Has anyone put Toyo T1R's on a Octy TDi?

How do they handle?

What are they like in adverse weather conditions?

Cheers all

Radioone (Using Dads Computer)

I had them on a Clio, which is a much lighter car, and they were super sticky in both wet and dry conditions, but they were scrubbed to bits after 5000miles. I wouldn't fancy their chances with the weight of an Octy being thrown around on them.

Guest westallc

i have them on mine and they do what they say very very grippy but dont expect loads and loads of miles lol to get super sticky you loose wear rate but thats fine with me top tyre :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Like I said, I got approximately 5000miles from a full set on a Clio, this was a mixture of normal (work commute, ferrying family etc.) and spirited driving. No track time or anything. They are fantastic tyres, but they have a very soft compound so they heat up quicker - a consequence of this, is that they wear down very quickly.

T1R's on the front of my old Corrado VR6 have seen 15k miles and I'm just starting to think about replacing them! No track time or burnouts, but plenty of hard cornering. If your scrubbing a set out in 5k without tracktime, your either a nutter of have something wrong with your car.

I had T1R's on my Celica GT4 a few years ago, they managed about 12-13k on a heavy powerful car.

10K on my VRS and they are due to be changed, very good tyres though. Sticky in the wet and in the dry so can't complain.

Did GTI internationl with them last year and had 5 runs up the strip, thats prob the most i've pushed them.....appart from the odd spirited drive of course ;)

T1R's on the front of my old Corrado VR6 have seen 15k miles and I'm just starting to think about replacing them! No track time or burnouts, but plenty of hard cornering. If your scrubbing a set out in 5k without tracktime, your either a nutter of have something wrong with your car.

I had T1R's on my Celica GT4 a few years ago, they managed about 12-13k on a heavy powerful car.

I apologise, after some thought, the tyres I had were Proxes T1-S, the older ones. The car regularly had tracking done and was never driven like a 'nutter'. It was however lowered on coilovers, so I have no idea whether this had any adverse effect on the accelerated wear progress.

I apologise, after some thought, the tyres I had were Proxes T1-S, the older ones. The car regularly had tracking done and was never driven like a 'nutter'. It was however lowered on coilovers, so I have no idea whether this had any adverse effect on the accelerated wear progress.

A mate of mine had T1S's on a VR6 golf and they didn't last well at all, the T1R's are much better.

I have found T1R's to be their weakest on damp/just about wet roads, they are great in the dry and wet but things can seem to get a little slippy when it's inbetween. That said I think most high performance tyres are the same in this area.

Thanks for the replys, it got me a bit worried when I read the first post, but now that it has been cleared up, I am thinking of going getting some of these very soon!

Cheers all.

I'm entirely happy with them, so much so that when the fronts reached 3mm after 16_000 miles or so (about 80% single carriageway, and I normally drive at a steady 60mph; anyone who wishes to overtake me is perfectly at liberty to do so), I bought another pair.

I'm entirely happy with them, so much so that when the fronts reached 3mm after 16_000 miles or so (about 80% single carriageway, and I normally drive at a steady 60mph; anyone who wishes to overtake me is perfectly at liberty to do so), I bought another pair.

Hi all

(This is Dad typing)

but 16000 miles from a set of tyres, is ridiculous, if I don't get more than 40000miles

from a set of tyres then I start to question my driving or something wrong with the car.

I drive a 3500kg van and get any thing from 70k to 95k on a set of tyres( admitting they are reinforced, but carrying round 3.5tons

So I would look at a decent set of tyres

Radiotwo (Dad of Radione)

Hi all

(This is Dad typing)

but 16000 miles from a set of tyres, is ridiculous, if I don't get more than 40000miles

from a set of tyres then I start to question my driving or something wrong with the car.

I drive a 3500kg van and get any thing from 70k to 95k on a set of tyres( admitting they are reinforced, but carrying round 3.5tons

3.5t is heading into light truck territory, not car tyres. As such the initial tread depths are greater, the rubber compounds are harder, the tyre pressures are higher and I think the construction is different.

3.5t is heading into light truck territory, not car tyres. As such the initial tread depths are greater, the rubber compounds are harder, the tyre pressures are higher and I think the construction is different.

Tried telling him that on the phone earlier, but he would not listen to me! your wasting your energy typing in response!

He is a stubbon old man, and wont listen to younger people.

Thanks for your responce anyway!

Guest westallc
Hi all

(This is Dad typing)

40000miles you drive like a granny then !!!!! :P

YOU DRIVE LIKE A GRANNY FACT LOL :D:D:P

Tried telling him that on the phone earlier, but he would not listen to me! your wasting your energy typing in response!

He is a stubbon old man, and wont listen to younger people.

Thanks for your responce anyway!

I'm 47 in a couple of weeks, so am I significantly younger (chronological age; no-one's ever accused me of driving like my grandfather did)?