Octavia 2.0tdi CR vRS dsg...anybody recomend im thinking of buying one

this seems to me like a great car does anyone have one

Yes, owned since December last year

and what do you think? cheers

Very, very nice so far - no issues. It's the first non-manual (can't call it an automatic) car I've owned, and I might now never go back to a manual.

Performance is excellent, economy down slightly on the PD140 Touran I had previously, but returned over 45mpg travelling back from the National Meet at Gaydon last weekend.

Drive the manual and the DSG back to back if you can, then you can decide which you prefer. Either way you won't be disappointed.

As others have mentioned, check the Skoda used website, as there are some good deals to be had on pre-facelift LE vRS's, but only if you decide on a manual

Edited by thebrymar

There was a white vRS at Gaydon last week. Looked very nice. My vRS is a DSG too and the only other better box I've used is the BMW SMG one. The Ford powershift is good but the DSG takes some beating. Go for it !

Fantastic car, fantastic engine, fantastic DSG gearbox......but if the dsg goes wrong is very expensive to fix.

I got one as a company car at the beginning of June. I drive in London alot and was getting a bad back with pressing the clutch all day.

My dsg started to give grief after a month, hopefully just the geabox tempertaure sensor which will be changed next week.

I've never driven a DSG car before, however as someone who's got arthritis in his left leg I'm considering buying one, the only thing that concerns me is the reliability factor & the possible big bills if it goes kaput!

Also which engine is the DSG best suited to? Petrol or Diesel?

Some of the guys over on Mk5Gti.com are running big power and torque through the Dsg box on their K04 equiped modified Editon30 Gti's with no issues at all 330+ ft/lb torque.

It's also possible to have the DSG re-mapped which increases it's torque capabilities and the speed/smoothnes of changes.

From what I can gather the reason DSG is expensive to repair is because the entire box is replaced and VAG are not releasing individual parts for repair. But if serviced every 30k miles (the gearbox not the car) reliability is excellent.