Which Wipers?

Howdy, the Vrs is in need of some new wipers as theres a hell of a lot of scraping going on. What suggestions do you guys have? Im after a decent level of performance as where i drive i can be mad in the wet.

Wiperblades.co.uk now do thier own retrofit version of the flat aero blades. I have them on the MX5 and they seem very good - very cheap as well at about £6 each.

XOPC Acrobats or the Acrobat Extreme if you want an aero wiper:

Wiper Blades

Brisky discount if you join Freedom too :thumbup:

(http://briskoda.net/members-benefits/windscreen-wiper-offer-freedom/128486/)

I've used Bosch Aerotwins in the past, but these are superior. Silicon too, so won't be bothered with the ice and frost come winter.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Just been looking on autobulbsdirect for the wipers as well as halfords. None of them can show me the blades needed for the back window. Do you have any idea and if so where can i get them from?

thanks

Ben

Wiperblades.co.uk now do thier own retrofit version of the flat aero blades. I have them on the MX5 and they seem very good - very cheap as well at about £6 each

I have these on my VRS and very impressed, brought them as they were recommended by Autoexpress and havent been dissappointed:thumbup:

I have these on my VRS and very impressed, brought them as they were recommended by Autoexpress and havent been dissappointed:thumbup:

Just Fitted these.... looks better that the standard ones.......

XOPC Acrobats or the Acrobat Extreme if you want an aero wiper:

Wiper Blades

Brisky discount if you join Freedom too :thumbup:

(http://briskoda.net/members-benefits/windscreen-wiper-offer-freedom/128486/)

I've used Bosch Aerotwins in the past, but these are superior. Silicon too, so won't be bothered with the ice and frost come winter.

Steve

2nd that

might be a bit more outlay but they are top notch :thumbup:

Wiperblades.co.uk now do thier own retrofit version of the flat aero blades. I have them on the MX5 and they seem very good - very cheap as well at about £6 each.

Just ordered some of these myself. Hope they're as good as the reviews state.

Just been looking on autobulbsdirect for the wipers as well as halfords. None of them can show me the blades needed for the back window. Do you have any idea and if so where can i get them from?

thanks

Ben

Dealer only I believe

Dealer only I believe

I thought Halfrauds did sell rear ones, but I must be wrong. The alternative is to buy some refill rubber blades and cut them down to length.

This reminds me, I think I need some for my car.

I thought Halfrauds did sell rear ones, but I must be wrong. The alternative is to buy some refill rubber blades and cut them down to length.

This reminds me, I think I need some for my car.

Went into Halfords yesterday on my way home and they sell a bosch one for the rear or their own brand.

Mine arrived this morning in the post! Top notch service from wiperblades.co.uk :thumbup:

Piece of cake to fit as well. Literally pop out the originals, open up the clip on the new aero-style wipers, insert the arm into the holder, close the clip and you're done :)

Just did a couple of test wipes as it's belting down here and they seem to clear the water very well so far.:thumbup:

Not bad for £14.05 delivered for both front blades.

I did try some retro fit aeros on the wifes vRS and didn't like them; they didn't wipe cleanly like they did on my Toledo.

I have stuck with the OEM Bosch and think they are much better on the furby. On my Toledo however the mk4 golf retrofit ones worked a bute

• 3 weeks later...
Mine arrived this morning in the post! Top notch service from wiperblades.co.uk :thumbup:

Piece of cake to fit as well. Literally pop out the originals, open up the clip on the new aero-style wipers, insert the arm into the holder, close the clip and you're done :)

Just did a couple of test wipes as it's belting down here and they seem to clear the water very well so far.:thumbup:

Not bad for £14.05 delivered for both front blades.

Just thought I'd add to this - ordered my set from wiperblades.co.uk yesterday lunchtime and they arrived this morning at 8am - top notch service considering I opted for standard post!

Fitted them before leaving for work which literally only took about a minute and they got a good test on the way - good 'ol English summer!

Clear the water off the screen very well indeed and they're pretty much silent :thumbup:

For the price I can't moan!

Hi, I'm using Bosch Aerotwin retrofit blades. From autobulbs direct

Bought a set of 19" and 21" which came in about £25.00 and came with free pair of sidelight leds....

Went to main dealer for replacement clip in wiperblade for rear blade.

Was only about £3.20. Was so impressed I bought a couple of them...

It's the OCD you see... Have to buy things in pairs... :D:D:D

What make are they? Might just be a cheap rubber compound if they're a 'no name'.

Best to clean the screen down properly and try again. I'd use some Glass Polish if you can, then finally finish with a Glass Cleaner.

Steve

It's probably that mate. If you haven't got glass polish and cleaner, go over the screen and blades with Fairy Liquid. Leave it, fairly neat, on both of them, then clean everything down with car shampoo. Just to hopefully get any contaminants off and lube everything up a bit :D

Steve