OEm bluetooth for octavia

hell guys

i have received yesterday my bluetooth module i ordered from ebay

i installed it and it is working now , except some features

1- i cant see the phone menu in the MFD

2- i can operate the phone from the radio only , i have a Bolero radio "RCD 510"

but i cant get the phone book or missed calls , just i can use the dial pad to dial teh number , and when i get a call i just see the phone number on the radio no names

my mobile is Sony ericsson Xperia X1, are these features off due to incompatibility between the phone and the kit or do i need to make coding for the system

please if coding is needed , i will needed the exact steps with pictures for the coding process as i called the dealer her in egypt and they seems not aware what to do to program it

thanks in advance

I have been trying to do the same with Mike's help

There is a lot of conflicting and confuddling info on the subject muddled by Volkswagen Red and White display as well as Skoda displays Maxidot and some of the kits being sent out as plug and play and when you are using the RNS 510 the info on Stu's how to needs amending slightly.

I have worked out that the 729D should work without any coding if you have the RNS 510

However I believe that there are new Maxidot displays used in the new facelift models that have something to do with BAP protocol. If you turn it on you loose the RNS510 in the Maxidot.

My Nokia E51 downloads the phonebook fine I would imagine it is an incompatibility with the phone some Nokias had a problem a while back with accessing the phonebook.

my version is the D

the seller told me it will work , my car is the new octavia facelift 2009

i tried a nokia 6500 it works with the radio showing all lists , but my mobile sonyericsson xperia X1 i only can make the connection but no call lists shown

but will both mobiles still not getting the phone menu on the maxi dot

is there anyway to make the sony xperia X1 shows the call lists on the Radio or i have to get another mobile nokia :(((((((

concerning the maxi dot i dont know what to do as dealer here in egypt sounds unprofessional with the requiered coding procedure :(((((

sure

the part number of the main unit is 1Z0 035 729D

it was not that hard to fit, specially that it comes with a very good wiring all what you need is to unplug the jack from the back of the radio system , plug it in a female jack of the bluetooth unit , then plug another jack to the radio again

no cutting of wires is required at all, the only problem was that the space behind the radio was soo smaaaaaaaaaal , so you must find a place for the jacks

dont forget to unplug the negative of the battery before starting , dont worry after finishing and reconnecting it you will get a yellow warning on the dash board for the power steering " actually i was frightened "

but i find out this was due to disconnecting the battery ,after a very short drive the led will turn off and everythng will be fine

unfortunately i didnt take pictures while fitting it , but i will try to take photos for the parts i dismanteled if this may help you

if you need any assistance dont hesitate to contact me , it will be a pleasure to help.

I have been trying to do the same with Mike's help

There is a lot of conflicting and confuddling info on the subject muddled by Volkswagen Red and White display as well as Skoda displays Maxidot and some of the kits being sent out as plug and play and when you are using the RNS 510 the info on Stu's how to needs amending slightly.

I have worked out that the 729D should work without any coding if you have the RNS 510

However I believe that there are new Maxidot displays used in the new facelift models that have something to do with BAP protocol. If you turn it on you loose the RNS510 in the Maxidot.

My Nokia E51 downloads the phonebook fine I would imagine it is an incompatibility with the phone some Nokias had a problem a while back with accessing the phonebook.

I'll try to clarify a few things for you -

A new controller (such as a Sat Nav or Bluetooth) will always need to be coded to the car in some way as it must be added to the CAN Gateway, this includes the 729D variant of the Bluetooth interface. Also the controller itself will nearly always need some adjustment to suit the other equipment in the car.

The 729B is the better unit to use with Skoda cars that are pre facelift and VW's with the red Dash Insert display (They call it MFD).

729A works with newer Inserts such as the whte ones found in the MK6 Golf etc however I believe the 729D is now the preferred option for this. You also need to have the correct firmware on the Nav unit to support all functions of the new Inserts.

Here is the response from www.skodateile.cz (not the supplier)

The 1Z0 035 729D works only with BAP enabled Maxidot displays in the facelift models

Mohammed has stated that his car is a facelift version though?

I assume that if you have the new BAP enabled Maxidot you should be able to get Phone in the Menu with a 729D.

You can select BAP in VAG COM but on mine with the older Maxidot it turns off my RNS 510 functions.

My 729 D bluetooth kit required no coding and worked with the RNS 510 straight away.

Do you have a CD Changer if so did you take the blue connector out of the original loom and plug it into the new one otherwise it will not work.

My 729 D bluetooth kit required no coding and worked with the RNS 510 straight away.

But unless you previously had a telephone controller (77) installed then you do need to code the CAN gateway. It will most likely work but it will not be correctly installed.

thank you guys for replying me

yes i moved the blue jack to the new connector, i updatetd the software of my mobile now it is working 100% with the bolero radio

but still nothing on the maxi dot

so i guess it needs coding to get it working on the maxidot

i have a question if i ignore coding ,is there any problem , i can operate it from the radio so no need for the maxidot , my question is any problem if i didnt code it ???

If you're happy controlling it from the radio, there's no problem in just leaving it. All it will do is store a fault code stored along the lines of unknown device on canbus.