New NZ member

kiwibiologist

Hi All

another New Zealand member - seems like there is at least one other here, but not many Skodas in NZ (yet). That may change as two govt departments have started adding Octavias to their fleets and retail sales are building.

We have just picked up our 2009 pre-FL Octavia combi 1.9 PD 6000 km demonstrator in silver in what appears to be almost the elegance spec - 17" Zenith alloys, rear parking aid, cruise control, duo climatronic, auto wipers, passenger seat compartment, but sadly no maxi-dot (though the half-sized screen gives most functions of the maxidot, on toggling through them), no multi-function steer wheel (though it is leather), no light assist.

I might consider adding a tow-bar, luggage false floor, and a Bolero, MF steering wheel and maxidot would be nice but not really necessary. Getting things retrofitted here may be difficult and expensive.

First impressions - very nice - like the cruise control and the trim, and the fact that we drive a car that almost nobody else has even heard of!

Alastair

Welcome to the forum. The fact that this forum has a multinational membership is one of the best things about it, IMO, along with the fact that if you have a query on an aspect of your car then there is a very good chance that someone on this forum will know the answer.

Dave

Welcome!

Nice to see Skoda are making a bit of a name for themself in NZ :thumbup:

I've got family in Auckland and it sounds like the local car market is saturated with Jap cars and Holdens :)

Is VW much of a major player over there? I suppose if there's not a Skoda dealer or part supplier near you then VW are a good fall-back.

Enjoy your Octy! :thumbup:

VW has a big profile - as does Audi - there must be hundreds of times more sales of both compared to Skoda. The local VW dealer has VW, Audi but no skoda for sale. They do Skoda services though - hope that's not going to be a problem for servicing - the lack of other skodas to practice on or experience in ordering parts etc.

You can stay in my shed whenever you like :D

As long as you fill your suitcase at Awesome before coming.

:thumbup: Cheers Rob

I've booked my flight and ordered 10 of these (I've only got a small suitcase)

css_is_awesome_mug-p168716435071981928qzbf_400.jpg

welcome mate , do you live reasonably close to rob, you could have a meet , with a new section , "not local meets"

I've had an invitation to stay in Rob's shed, so there could be three of us :thumbup:

And maybe Simeon could go, get all the way out there, and then come back again without actually attending :rofl:

I've had an invitation to stay in Rob's shed, so there could be three of us :thumbup:

And maybe Simeon could go, get all the way out there, and then come back again without actually attending :rofl:

oooh harsh mate , bloody funny tho lol.