Worrying Tyre Wear

kerms34

Hiya,

Just been into the garage to get my fronts swopped for the backs as is normal and noticed some pretty bad wear on the inside of the front tyres,, this is a sign of what ??

Excessive negative camber usually, though it could also be your toe angles I think, or worn components.

Does the car pull at all in any direction?

Are your tyre pressures ok?

Are your shock absorbers in good condition?

Are your front suspension bushes in good condition?

I'd say if the components look OK go and get a laser alignment done.

Excessive negative camber usually, though it could also be your toe angles I think, or worn components.

Does the car pull at all in any direction? No

Are your tyre pressures ok? Yep, checked regularly

Are your shock absorbers in good condition? How do i check this ?

Are your front suspension bushes in good condition? Same as above ??

Does the car pull at all in any direction? No

Are your tyre pressures ok? Yep, checked regularly

Are your shock absorbers in good condition? How do i check this ?

Are your front suspension bushes in good condition? Same as above ??

Push up and down on each corner of the car to check the shocks, if it is excessively bouncy and doesnt return to its oriignal state theyre buggered.

As for the bushes look under the car just behind the front wheels there are two large metal circles with rubber bushes inside them, if they look cracked or worn they need changing. Very common problem on the fabia.

what tyres are fitted , some tyres seem to wear to excess right on the inside edge , even if the tracking is correct , had 2 Dunlop 9000s on the front of mine , they both had a scary amount of inner edge wear when i swapped them for Toyos

what tyres are fitted , some tyres seem to wear to excess right on the inside edge , even if the tracking is correct , had 2 Dunlop 9000s on the front of mine , they both had a scary amount of inner edge wear when i swapped them for Toyos

Thought you had never had inner tyre wear issues? How are your Toyos doing, they didnt last well at all on mine? (T1-Rs)

Thought you had never had inner tyre wear issues?

i'll clarify that , never had inner tyre wear issues due to a track or camber issue, i put the problem i had with the Dunlops down to the tyres themselves , especially as have recently seen another car with those tyres on with exactly the same issues, it was as if someone had put a 45 degree shamfer on the inner edge, the rest of the tread was about 4mm , and i would of refitted them after i had been to the Ring but for the inner edge wear

How are your Toyos doing, they didnt last well at all on mine? (T1-Rs)

Toyos on the front lasted about 7k , but were abused at the Ring, Spa, and Oulton Park , got Toyos on the rear with about 25k miles on them

i'll clarify that , never had inner tyre wear issues due to a track or camber issue, i put the problem i had with the Dunlops down to the tyres themselves , especially as have recently seen another car with those tyres on with exactly the same issues, it was as if someone had put a 45 degree shamfer on the inner edge, the rest of the tread was about 4mm , and i would of refitted them after i had been to the Ring but for the inner edge wear

Toyos on the front lasted about 7k , but were abused at the Ring, Spa, and Oulton Park , got Toyos on the rear with about 25k miles on them

Thats nearly the same experience I have had, front Toyos lasted no time with a chamfer like wear on the insides after been at the Ring but the rears are still OK (just) 25k later.

I am nearly clear in my head about my tyre wear issues, thanks for input :thumbup: