The Big South Yorkshire Meet

T. Spark

Its about time isnt it!

OK here goes.

September 20th (sunday) will be the date of The Big Yorkshire Meet.

It will be held @

Rother Valley Country Park*

Mansfield Road

Wales Bar

Sheffield

S26 5PQ

Start Time - 1pm.

Maps of where to go once inside Rother Valley...

RotherValleyMeet.jpg

RotherValleyMeet1.jpg

The idea is a good day with BBQ's, footie, and random games. Chillout tunes (so no BKR playing his music then!) and a good time most of all :)**

Once the day is done, if you havnt had enough already we could then convoy to a pub/and/or chav hunting area for some giggles :)

So, who is going you ask?

1. T. Spark (Ibiza FR TDi)

2. Antnee (Ibiza PD130 hopefully!)

3. Tom. (Ibiza Sport PD130)

4. Crafoo (Ibiza FR 20vT)

5. rsorion (Octy vRS)

6. Paul Dethick (Ibiza Cupra 8v)

7. BKR (Ibiza PD100)

8. Dan1.6 (Ibiza MK3 Sport) *strong maybe*

9. gcr31463 (Octy+RWD jazz!) *maybe*

10. Aj_log (Ibiza MK3 1.4)

11. Ibizza staff (Ibiza FR 20vT)

12. Stefan (Toledo TDI)

13. ljpacey (Ibiza FR 20vT )

14. vrsadz (vRS Fabia) *maybe*

15. 150bhp&counting (Octy vRS) *maybe*

16. Kezfr07 (Leon FR tfsi)

17. Tfsi Mike (Leon Cupra TFSI)

18. Nimrod (no idea!?)

19. bertrum (MK4 Ibiza 1.4 *pre-supercharger you know!*)

20. AndrewJB (MK4 Ibiza P80) *slight maybe!*

21. Octimark (Octy 4x4)

22. Oggy (Octy vRS)

23. Dave Clayton (1.4 Leon)

24. robh (Leon Cupra mk2)

25. fozzybear

26. xhellixx (1.4 Leon)

27. ste-lfc- (possible)

28. Stilla. (PD130 Ibiza Sport)

29. Whitey (Mk2 Leon FR)

30. Jonnyjonjon (LCR)

31. Dani_b19 (S3)

32. Mat (fag wagon chav box)

33. You?

*Please note there is a charge to park at the event of £3.00.

**This meet is weather permitting. Feel free to discuss possible other event ideas for the day IF the weather isnt so nice!

Edited by T. Spark

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be able to pop down for a bit as i live less than 2 miles away :rolleyes:

3. rsorion (a Skoda)

(Maybe a link should be put into the midlands meet section to let a few more know about it.)

Should be able to pop down for a bit as i live less than 2 miles away :rolleyes:

3. rsorion (a Skoda)

(Maybe a link should be put into the midlands meet section to let a few more know about it.)

Good shout, will do!

RE: POSTCODE - If you throw it in maps.google it take you to a near by ind. est. ive looked at it seems thats the only postcode for the place as its on the same road further down. I will update with screen shots soon to include where the post code takes you and where to go after for any none locals coming :)

That pretty much sums it up.

I'm sure SWMBO has mentioned something that weekend

& you know when you can't admit that you forgotten about it.

Sounds very very fimilar indeed mate :) Women, a! :rolleyes:

Down as a maybe, tho didnt know what to put as your car tbh! lol

It will start as early as anyone wants to turn up fella :)

Ive done several meets at Rother Valley over the years, some can just be a 2pm-6pm late lunch style meet, to a all day event, I remember once turning up pretty much for the gates opening, and leaving as they shut nearer 12 hours later! Will ask around on the forums (as its on a few) to get a idea matey :)

Will add you name with a few others that want to come in the morning no doubt

i may and i may not get to this....

all depends if i've made a decsion on keeping this car after the bad turbo news (smoking on idle, seals and play in wheel) :o do i spend some extra and go bigger turbo or not :D

would be a good little test if i've got it done by then eh ;)

I'd love to come but I'll be suffering with the largest hangover known to man, as it will be my first day as a married man.

Have a good one :thumbup:

Well think we can let you off just this one fella :) Congrats and good luck :D

I'm pretty sure I can make this but will be with the mrs and daughter so might have to go for a walk round the water to keep them entertained :rofl:

Throw you down as a very strong maybe? As said friends/family more than welcome to come :)

I'm pretty sure I can make this but will be with the mrs and daughter so might have to go for a walk round the water to keep them entertained :rofl:

I should be able In making this meet too Mark & I will no doubt have the family with me also, so lets get them introduced & they can have a walk round together:thumbup::rofl:

I should be able In making this meet too Mark & I will no doubt have the family with me also, so lets get them introduced & they can have a walk round together:thumbup::rofl:

Not just a pretty face are you Oz, brains as well:rofl:

I'm assuming you bring your own food and drink rather than one big BBQ and everyone contributes food/drink etc?

Any activities planned (sun or rain)?

What kind of stuff should we bring - football, frisby etc.

Its going to be pretty miserable if its raining. At least theres wake boarding if it is raining :D

I'm assuming you bring your own food and drink rather than one big BBQ and everyone contributes food/drink etc?

Any activities planned (sun or rain)?

What kind of stuff should we bring - football, frisby etc.

Its going to be pretty miserable if its raining. At least theres wake boarding if it is raining :D

Well, they are all good questions. I intend to bring down several BBQ's which can be used by anyone, and im going to bring down lots of food too. As we have abit of time to do organise, we could all bring certain things, the issue there is when the usual 'drop' out last minutes accure/or no shows. Be pretty bad if we had no red sauce due to a no show!

Activities wise, was thinking footie, frisby like you said. We used to have a guy bring his professional kite down and jump over trees (just the small ones mind!) so anything and everything.

Obv if the weather is poor, we do need to think of a 2nd area/place/idea. Indoors and close enough too.