LCR Spliter

Cheers guys. Thought that might be the way. Thanks for the plastic bolts advice, although I haven't had the misfortune of hitting anything in my car yet (every one seems to hit me) can't be too careful though.

Sarah, do you also sell the rear millotec diffusor? And if so, how much is it?

Whilst I like the look of the LCR splitter fitted they are a PITA IMO :o

I fitted mine in May and have scrapped it at least once a day, then I had my mechanic pick my car up from my parents place for a service (he lives near them and it saves me dropping it off before work). Their drive is a bit tight and he asked me to back it up. I knew it would catch on the way down but the thing nearly got ripped off. I now can't get screws in the middle at all as the plastic is mullered.

My car is stock ride height so I have no idea how those with lowered cars manage :D

Awesome > LCR Front Splitter

We sell them , and they are on line too

My little bit of advice , when you bolt them on , use plastic ones.....as then rather than damaging the bumper , it will snap the bolts off instead so no damage

My fella found that handy when he hit a deer :eek:

Sarah

B****y hell if I hit a Deer I think the whole front end would come off, so not sure using plastic screws would help. Mind you mine is a tad lower than most folks.

Still on the same splitter though with only a few scraps here and there. Very careful in parking and when going to Garages tyre places etc, always lecturing them to be careful. They look at me as if I have 3 heads:rofl:

dirty hari - I am impressed if you fitted in 10 minutes. Unless that does not include shaving off the plastic lips of each fitting lug, shortening the centre bars slightly to allow fitting square and then offering up the bumper and taping up in place to drill holes, for screwing up..

So there's a bunch of fitting to do then? Seems simple. Time to ring the dealer in the morning. Hopefully I won't scrape it too much as I have my vRS lowered 20mm. Watch this space.

You will scrape it... regularly. Luckily they are pretty flexible.

I have a brand new one ready to replace the mullered one thats currently on the car. Will pop it on day before Trax.

As above there is some slight fettling to be done to get it fitted perfectly (will do a guide if wanted when i replace mine)

Mines lowered rather alot on coilys now so it serves a purpose to me that if my splitter wont go over it then neither will my sump and would rather spend £20 at seat than hundreds at Skoda.

I have a brand new one ready to replace the mullered one thats currently on the car. Will pop it on day before Trax.

As above there is some slight fettling to be done to get it fitted perfectly (will do a guide if wanted when i replace mine)

Mines lowered rather alot on coilys now so it serves a purpose to me that if my splitter wont go over it then neither will my sump and would rather spend £20 at seat than hundreds at Skoda.

There is a few guides already posted up here I think, I did one of them too.

I like your logic on the sump protection. :rofl:

Mines lowered 25mm at the front so is very interesting going into car parks.

Edited by Bowders1

There is a few guides already posted up here I think, I did one of them too.

I like your logic on the sump protection. :rofl:

Mines lowered 25mm at the front so is very interesting going into car parks.

Not sure how much mines lowered by as the springs are still settling ;)

But i can't reverse onto my own drive any more and its only a slight slope :eek:

Surely the Cupra R must suffer from the same problem? or is the SEAT bumper not as low as the vRS bumper in the first place? :rolleyes:

I own a LCR and an Octavia vRS. And yes, I am now on my 3rd splitter on the LCR!!:eek:

My vRS is standard and the LCR (also standard) is much lower.

Better to damage and replace the cheap splitter rather than the expensive front bumper.