All This For A Fooking Fog Light !!

So i got my Drivers Fog-Light smashed by a stone a few weeks back. I rang around and was quoted astronomical prices from various places for a Valeo replacement.

Then a kind parts man {Kev} supplied one for me at the right money :thumbup: {Much Appreciated}

Wasn't going to bother fixing it but the light in the dash and the annoying message on maxidot : Attention, Front Drivers Fog-Light Defective was annoying me

So yesterday i decided to change it .

Had it looking like this :rotz:

[ATTACH]30142[/ATTACH]

I HATE VW SPLIT RIVITS THEY ARE FECKERS TO REMOVE

So i replaced them all [7 in total] with Ford Focus ones that have a Posidrive Head :P

If I Ever Catch That Stone !!! :rolleyes:

[ATTACH]30143[/ATTACH]

Finished .... Just In Time For Pints !!

[ATTACH]30144[/ATTACH]

Moral Of The Story Boys & Girls . .

Turn off the light in the dash with Vag-Com .. It's easier :D

How do you change the bulbs on the fog lights? i have a scout and have the same fog lights as you.

Remove the lower bumper grille trims adjacent to each Fog Light.

This will give you ample room to put your hand in and reach the rear cover of the Fog -Light.

One thing that would be tricky would be to carefully disconnect / reconnect the Earthing Wire as it is Part of the Rear Cover .

Simples :rolleyes:

Tom

Might attract unwatned attention from the Fuhrer if you do that :rolleyes::D

Carl:thumbup:

No problem at the minute Carl

She's in Limp Mode due to the DPF.

Serviced her about a month ago and i have a sneaky suspicion that the oil may be the cause although it does say 507.00 long life for soot filters, i have my doubts. I always drive her @ 2K revs on cruise which should kick in the Regen if it ever needed it.

I'm stumpped at the minute and depending on the price of the new Temp sensor will be seriously considering a DPF delete on the car !!

Back To Topic. :P

Might buy the Film anyway and just do the Fogs. I can toy with the idea of the Headlamps in my own time.

Do you know anyone with this done in the Blue Film ??

Thanks Carl

Tom:thumbup:

quite like the look of that film, smoked would look good on race blue too but would it reduce your light output?

What about the clear "C" part of the rear cluster and the Fog-lights, Would probably have to do the rear lights from the inside ! Not too sure on how easy it would be, BUT if there are lads here splitting headlights to spray the inside of them, then sure anything is possible !!!

Tom:thumbup: