Just ordered my 2009 vrs estate.

Just back from ordering my first brand new car:D .I ordered a FL Candy White VRS CR Diesel Estate.Also got the following options:

MAXI DOT

MDI

REAR SENSORS

PRIVACY GLASS

SILVER ROOF RAILS

SPACE SAVER

12 MONTHS ROAD TAX

Got this for £17,395 and also got £3000 for my trade in.Dealer will confirm this week on delivery but says it will be mid-late november unfortunately.

Nice one, good price you got there. I'm still waiting to hear back from my dealer as to when my FL CR TDI VRS Estate in Race Blue will be built (ordered last weekend). From what I've read it looks like mid Novemebr is what we should expect. Really can't wait, but must be patient, and enjoy my last few months with the fabia vrs.... My spec is:

Metallic paint (race blue)

Maxidot

Privacy Glass

Xenons

Variable Boot Floor

SIlver roof rails

Spare Wheel

Edited by john_walker74
Corrected spec

Ye its the last few months with my Fabia VRs also.I might try and sell it on here as the dealer said they will give me £3000 for it but if i sell it myself then good and well.

How much did you pay for yours?

Enjoy the car

To give you an idea of timescale - I ordered my vrs on 18th June, was aparently being built last week, expecting delivery mid to late September (13-15 weeks!). There order books are full. Will be worth the wait however.

Good move to get the space saver - I didnt because ordered before brochure came out and didnt realise. Only way to get with delivery of the car now would be to cancel order and re-order. Dealer is, however, ordering one for me with his next ordered car FOC.

How does the space saver save space? (I am not being funny)

If I put a space saver wheel in my well I would have an half empty well under my boot floor.

I assume there is a cover (floor) over the space saver so you can store small items or 25" dia?

I have a full size steel wheel and as yet have not required this small amount of increased space.

Just been to France, two adults, two kids, 3 suitcases, coolbox, overnight case (for the ferry), folding chairs, beach tent, buckets & spades, etc, etc.... Even able to pull the cover over the whole lot.

I'd go for a full-size, if they're still available. I have a 205/55/16 in mine (from before they made this daft decision and they were still std).

Or pick one up from a scrapyard after purchase. Should be plenty of choice as you could simply pick up a std wheel from a lower spec Golf Mk5/6 or Jetta, which run steel wheels. 16", 5x112, 205/55/16 tyre.

Steve

CSHH69, I paid £18,126 - so you have got a great deal - ordered mine from Motorline, Dartford.

I don't think that it is a 'space saver' like some cars get i.e. the tyre is narrower, I think / have been told (& hope) that it is a correct width tyre, but on a smaller 16" steel so is termed a space saver by Skoda. Time will tell as I am sure someone will get their FL Vrs sometime soon.

Cheers folks.My Fabia has now done 82,000 but its got a great history.Unfortunately it has numerous stone chips on the bonnet but its still in decent nick.How they ever decided on that colour of seat beats me.

Bought my Fabia from Chathams(Halbeath & Edinburgh)so after getting a couple of other quotes from other dealerships i phoned them up and they matched the cheapest quote that i got and they got me the space saver tyre.Very impressed with the service there again.They were also trying to get me to buy the Diamondbrite cleaning thingy.Not sure if this is good or not?

Someone will get a bargain if they buy your car! Mine is just coming up to 60,000 and is running really well. Has been a really cheap car to run - only needed regular services and a couple of pairs of front tyres!

They were also trying to get me to buy the Diamondbrite cleaning thingy.Not sure if this is good or not?

How much are they peddling it for? If it's hundreds of quid, then no. If you really want to go this route, the kits are regularly available on eBay for £30-ish.

But IMO a well-chosen set of detailing products will get you a finish and durability beyond what Diamondbrite can offer. Head over to the Car Care section or Detailing World forum for more info :thumbup:

Steve

CSHH69, I paid £18,126 - so you have got a great deal - ordered mine from Motorline, Dartford.

I don't think that it is a 'space saver' like some cars get i.e. the tyre is narrower, I think / have been told (& hope) that it is a correct width tyre, but on a smaller 16" steel so is termed a space saver by Skoda.

In the brochure it now states full size spare steel wheel or space saving spare wheel. Now I might be wrong, but my understanding is you have to state the full size spare to get a 16" steel wheel.:o

That would be correct. The 16" spare is considered full size, as it has a very similar rolling radius to the alloys fitted. It's obviously narrower so does affect handling and stability to a degree, but it's a damn sight better than a can of tyre weld or a skinny space-saver :)

Steve

In the brochure it now states full size spare steel wheel or space saving spare wheel. Now I might be wrong, but my understanding is you have to state the full size spare to get a 16" steel wheel.:o

I ordered the spare wheel for my FL vRS, and the dealer has since clarified that on the vRS this means the space saver (even though the brochure would indicate that both options are available).

My current vRS has the 16" steel wheel.

:eek: The one model that you wouldn't want a space saver on.:eek:

You can just imagine the Citreon CV wheel, along with the 225 wheels, should you have a puncture.:rotz:

Are you going to swap the spare wheels when your FL arrives Griffo?

I ordered a full size spare..shall see what that actually means when it turns up..i am sure I have a 16" steel as the spare in my current Vrs..not had to use it so never checked

gone are the days of a full size spare alloy like my mk1

but I dont mind a 16" spare, its better than those crappy little wheels!

How much are they peddling it for? If it's hundreds of quid, then no. If you really want to go this route, the kits are regularly available on eBay for £30-ish.

But IMO a well-chosen set of detailing products will get you a finish and durability beyond what Diamondbrite can offer. Head over to the Car Care section or Detailing World forum for more info :thumbup:

Steve

They want £300 for Diamondbrite.

They want £300 for Diamondbrite.

Tell 'em to Foxtrot Oscar :)

You could get a very nice post-delivery detail for that. You could even organise, if there's someone good locally, for them to go and attend to the car before the transport film etc has been removed and the dealership's had a chance to start ruining your paintwork. Mind you, there's been cases of detailers attending to brand new cars and finding defects from the factory. I know Polished Bliss have done quite a few - some Audis spring to mind - have a search on Detailing World.

Steve

Just back from ordering my first brand new car:D .I ordered a FL Candy White VRS CR Diesel Estate.Also got the following options:

MAXI DOT

MDI

REAR SENSORS

PRIVACY GLASS

SILVER ROOF RAILS

SPACE SAVER

12 MONTHS ROAD TAX

Got this for £17,395 and also got £3000 for my trade in.Dealer will confirm this week on delivery but says it will be mid-late november unfortunately.

Great color choice

Nice spec. I'd have the black one though rather than the white.

As usual the colour is all down to personal choice.The demo that i drove on saturday was the anthracite grey which is nice but unavailble on the FL Vrs.They had a 2nd hand black one for sale and the dust etc on it put me off.Im not saying the white will be any easier kept but i saw a FL White VRS in my local dealer and loved it.White's the new silver so they say:thumbup:

Chathams also mentioned on saturday that you dont get a wheel jack unless you buy the space saver.

:eek: The one model that you wouldn't want a space saver on.:eek:

You can just imagine the Citreon CV wheel, along with the 225 wheels, should you have a puncture.:rotz:

Are you going to swap the spare wheels when your FL arrives Griffo?

As I am trading the car, I will have to speak to the dealer. I did mention it when ordering the car, but he wasn't keen. When I actually get the car I will actually have to confirm myself what it has turned up with.

At least a space saver is better than a gunge kit and a potentially unrepairable tyre!