hello

i have an elegance octavia facelift 2009

it has a fog light

i have in the maxidot a menu called assistant

where i can enable and disable " cornering function "

i checked the manual i found

Fog lights with the function “Corner”*

The fog lights with the function “Corner” improve the illumination of

areas close to the vehicle when turning, parking etc.

The fog lights with the function “Corner” are regulated according to the steering

angle or after switching on the turn signal light8) in the following circumstances:

• the vehicle is stationary and the engine is running or it moves with a speed of

maximum 40 km/h;

• the daylight driving lights are not switched on;

• the low beam is switched on or the light switch is in the position  and the

intensity of the ambient light causes the low beam to be switched on;

• the fog lights are not switched on;

• no reverse gear is engaged.

i tried enabling or disabling the cornering function, i couldnt make the fog light work as above

is there any code to make it work using the VAG-Com

thanks in advance

i did it , i find the code here http://octavia-vrs.com/cms/content/enabling-cornering-light-function

i will check the engineer with vag-com i know and try to make it

Edited by Mohamed Nassar
found the code

• 2 months later...

I have an ambiente one and I would like to know if there is a possibility to activate the corner function of fog light.

I heave heard diffrent opion about it. Someone have told that I should replace a comfort driver into a driver from octavia elegance.

If somebody has activated this function in Skoda Octavia II FL Ambiente?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Radek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This is what i've done on mine!

It's not working with the turning signal, only with the steering!

I believe that is what it is supposed to do, Steering activates it not the turn signal - The way the old Ctiroen DS did.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that is what it is supposed to do, Steering activates it not the turn signal - The way the old Ctiroen DS did.

It's supposed to do with the turning signal too!

You can see it in this video..

On the Octavia Vrs FL when turning the steering wheel or indicating the fog lamp lights up.

Can you post you long coding here to compare with mine please?

Edited by Quico

It's supposed to do with the turning signal too!

You can see it in this video..

Can you post you long coding here to compare with mine please?

If you have a current version of VCDS, post the complete Auto-scan and I'll take a look at it. Your fogs on in reverse, and turn signal -or- steering wheel position cornering light concerns have been resolved and are documented with release 10.6.

Dana, I read what you wrote;

Cornering Lights via Front Fog Lights active

Found in Coding, Long Coding helper

Note: The headlights must be turned on and the steering wheel must be in the turning direction for this to work.

The lights may also work under the following conditions:

Headlights on, fogs off, turn signal on in the turning direction. Also see Byte 17, Adaptive Light/Cornering Light Variant. This seems to control the fogs as cornering lights with turn signal.

Can you tell me which bit in byte 17 shoul I enable? I have to manualy enable it because I don't see "Adaptive Light/Cornering Light Variant" option.

If you have a current version of VCDS, post the complete Auto-scan and I'll take a look at it. Your fogs on in reverse, and turn signal -or- steering wheel position cornering light concerns have been resolved and are documented with release 10.6.

Like I said before, the cable was borrowed and I gave it back to the owner,

Maybe you you can help me with this:

"Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb

Part No SW: 1K0 937 087 D HW: 1K0 937 087 D

Component: BCM PQ35 H 103 0575

Revision: 00103 AG

Coding: 44180AB8F05BB1C040080080110081E4437000AE426D81605C0540000000"

I believe it was v908 of vcds.

Thanks in advance.

Dana, I read what you wrote;

Can you tell me which bit in byte 17 shoul I enable? I have to manualy enable it because I don't see "Adaptive Light/Cornering Light Variant" option.

Like I said before, the cable was borrowed and I gave it back to the owner,

Maybe you you can help me with this:

"Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb

Part No SW: 1K0 937 087 D HW: 1K0 937 087 D

Component: BCM PQ35 H 103 0575

Revision: 00103 AG

Coding: 44180AB8F05BB1C040080080110081E4437000AE426D81605C0540000000"

I believe it was v908 of vcds.

Thanks in advance.

The coding information is included in the current VCDS release, which is 10.6.

908 is one year old, perhaps older than this vehicle, and guaranteed to have far less coding documentation. Additionally, the mentioned 908 scan was from a pirated version of our software as noted here: In my VW Vortex Thread I have removed all Byte/Bit specific information from that thread when there is documentation in the current release. We do not support or promote people using pirated VCDS Systems.

If you have a complete Auto-Scan from release 10.6 and an authentic Ross-Tech system, I will gladly assist you with this.

Thank you Dana for your precious help.

Well I'm not here with comercial interests, I don't have any workshop and I don't pretend to earn money with this.

I'm just a regular guy who loves cars and shares one thing in comun with all the briskodians, the love for our skodas.

Since this, I'm glad to share with all briskodians that I finaly made it, my fog lights work now correctly with cornering function;

-They light up when turning the steering wheel.

-They light up when I push the turning signal stalk.

-The don't light up when I engage the reverse gear.

For those who want to know how I did ti, I've updated my DIY pdf file.

HERE IS THE LINK

Hope you guys know some Portuguese :rofl:

If any doubt comes, just ask!

SKODish greetings to all. B)

Thank you Dana for your precious help.

Well I'm not here with comercial interests, I don't have any workshop and I don't pretend to earn money with this.

I'm just a regular guy who loves cars and shares one thing in comun with all the briskodians, the love for our skodas.

Since this, I'm glad to share with all briskodians that I finaly made it, my fog lights work now correctly with cornering function;

-They light up when turning the steering wheel.

-They light up when I push the turning signal stalk.

-The don't light up when I engage the reverse gear.

For those who want to know how I did ti, I've updated my DIY pdf file.

HERE IS THE LINK

Hope you guys know some Portuguese :rofl:

If any doubt comes, just ask!

SKODish greetings to all. B)

Muito bem B)

All I need now is someone to activate mine, then it will be :p :p :p

Edited by alberg

Hello Dana, i have an original cable ROSS-tech and you have already help me for the hysteresis code on Octavia FL (It's 38 for Octavia with separate DRL) Thank you.

My question is simple, i would activate on Maxidot the function for Cornering Light. My Corner Light works very fine but i have no option in my Maxidot. Can you help me ?

Sorry for my bad English but I'm French :p

Best Reguards

• Like 1

Hello Dana, i have an original cable ROSS-tech and you have already help me for the hysteresis code on Octavia FL (It's 38 for Octavia with separate DRL) Thank you.

My question is simple, i would activate on Maxidot the function for Cornering Light. My Corner Light works very fine but i have no option in my Maxidot. Can you help me ?

Sorry for my bad English but I'm French :p

Best Reguards

Hello,

Yes, Eric and I were working with you via email. Thanks for the 38 coding update! Are both of your rear fog lights working now?

I should still have the scan from your car and I will need to look it over. I will email you a suggestion next week.

-Dana

Infortunaltely no, my rear fog light is only on RIGHT, I search for activate the both or only LEFT because in France the fog loght must be on LEFT side of the car.

If you have to need of a new scan, ask me :)

Thanks.

Infortunaltely no, my rear fog light is only on RIGHT, I search for activate the both or only LEFT because in France the fog loght must be on LEFT side of the car.

If you have to need of a new scan, ask me :)

Thanks.

Have you tried this link ?

My link

it worked on my 09 pre FL vrs

Nemesislebon, I sent you a coding suggestion via email. I forgot to ask, but do you have Travel mode from the factory on the dash?

Golf http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy64/Dana_at_Ross-Tech/Cluster/Complete/DSC02301.jpg

Passat http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy64/Dana_at_Ross-Tech/Cluster/3C%20Passat%20RoW/DSCN2278.jpg

--

Al bundy, I haven't forgotten about you. I have the scan in the VW Vortex forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

As I said in other topic, there is no way to change light behaviour via VCDS - I'm talking about rear fog lights. This information and also info about the left/right hand drive is written directly in EEPROM. I'm working on this right now :-)

Hello

By changing the byte 18 in the module 09-Central-Elect, I managed to activate the both rear fog lights. Except that I lost the seperated DRL and the 4th rear position. I thank Dana provide me code 38 which restored all but one fog light on the right.

The 38 code is also for a Right hand drive. But I'm french with a left hand drive car :). I have tested 39, 40, but nothing...

• 2 weeks later...