Superb in China (LED rear lights)

• 1 year later...

Bringing up an old one here, but just got a text from my dealer Re: Superb L&K LED Rear Lights (See pic), now available to order at my local dealers

Outer lamps are €166.00 + VAT per unit

3TD945095 (LEFT) - 3TD945096 (RIGHT)

Inner lamps are €75.00 + VAT per unit

3TD945093 (LEFT) - 3TD945094 (RIGHT)

He THINKS they should be "plug and play", but is not 100% sure on this.

Anyone fancy checking this information in the UK and letting me know the price in £ ?

Bryan

How far did you get with this Bryan?

Do we know if in Europe they are simply 'Plug & Play' or do they need coding / resistors adding?

As far as I can tell the inner light clusters (attached to the boot) are the same as fitted to the non-L&K Superb so won't need changing?

Hopefully the prices have come down, even at £166 a side that's £398 inc. VAT for a pair!

Interesting stuff this!

And welcome friends from the far east (Krysk + Sony + Superber from China)

Since China has their own VW/Skoda factory and the Far East countries (China, Japan etc)

like their cars a bit different (plusher, more toys. For example Jap import cars

quite different in spec to UK/European models),

Could it be possible none of those 'nice' extras on the Superb will ever reach

our shores? Eeeek!

Maybe someone will import one from China?

Krysk / Sony / Superber: ever thought about visiting the UK in your Superb? :-)

photo8.jpgphoto9.jpgThe inner piece is different from the current one coz it's in mirror finish, so if one need to change, they will need to change all 4 piece. I tot the UK L&K version came with this as well?

photo8.jpgphoto9.jpgThe inner piece is different from the current one coz it's in mirror finish, so if one need to change, they will need to change all 4 piece. I tot the UK L&K version came with this as well?

You are correct, after closer inspection the inner clusters are different.

The indicators and reverse lights have shrunk on the main cluster to accomodate the LED's. this has meant that the lines between the red and clear part of the lens have also changed.

So, £75 x2 + VAT = £180. Plus the main clusters (@ £398) = a whopping £578!

I tot the UK L&K version came with this as well?

Yes, the UK specification L&K model now gets these LED lights as standard (hatch only) - so they now must be type approved for use in the UK and are therefore legal.

The outstanding question for me though is are they 'plug & play'?

If I fit them straight to a standard Superb would they work without causing the 'blown-bulb' warning light?

Very doubtful they are just plug and play, there is certainly an option in VCDS to show the car has rear LED lights.

So 5 mins of coding change is I imagine all that will be required.

Err... You must be about the first person complaining about VW's DSG... Perhaps you were in the wrong mode and using the gas pedal in a wrong way?

The "D" for normal driving does indeed try to go to the highest possible gear, but is in no way "jerky" (on the contrary, it almost makes the car react slow in certain conditions). Using "S" for "sporty" driving will not put you in a high gear, but it will make your car a little "jerky" (read: nervous) in traffic indeed, as it will switch back to first gear regularly!

I'm pretty sure you just need to learn to drive with the DSG, as there is no way in hell you can drive better using a manual... ;)

YouTube - DSG vs 6spd manual

My first car with DSG was a Passat estate with 2.0 TDI. The gearbox was a pain, jerky and hunted for gears. It wasa company car thankfully and although 3 VW dealers looked at it, it never improved. Bought an Octavia when I changed jobs and took a risk with 2.0 TDI / DSG again. What a difference, silky smooth and always in the right gear.

Same now on the Superb Combi, but a bit more go!!

Standard DSG on any car is a pain in the Arse , unless you remap the DSG .Standard it is in 6 th gear before 30 if you are in no hurry, if you put your foot down the engine screams to the redline, when mapped together with the engine it changes on top of the torque curve . Still prefer a manual but now at least it changes when I would have changed. It still is super smooth with the changes.

• 4 weeks later...

Just spoke to www.skodaparts.com (Bickerton Skoda), the prices above are list price, this dealer will do them for...

Outer clusters: £129.00 inc. VAT per unit

3TD945095 (Left) - 3TD945096 (Right)

Inner clusters are £58.00 inc. VAT per unit

3TD945093 (Left) - 3TD945094 (Right)

So £374.00 inc. VAT in total.

Too much for me to justify!

Looking at SuperSkoda they claim they aren't plug & play and will throw up a warning on the dash unless the cold start diagnostics is turned off using VCDS (theirs are genuine OEM Skoda parts too)...

SuperskodaSuperbLEDRearLights_zps378bf10b.jpg

Edited by silver1011

i got a friend in China to get me a set from their dealer and sent it to me.

so far, the shipment from Singapore to UK is not cheap and it could cost up to 50% of the item itself.

if anyone is keen, can PM me.

Sony, can you remember what the price was from your friend in China?

I appreciate they might not be the same units as the ones fitted in Europe (although I suspect they are) or may not be type approved but I would still be tempted if they were substantially cheaper than the prices I quoted above.

Thanks! :happy:

They are not plug and play. need to add resistor in between . I ordered a special resistor from US that come with proper heat sink and aluminum backing.

I have also tried vagcom but it doesn't work. one fog and one reverse light will be off and i have to go back to dealer to correct them coz it's binary change and it cannot be reverse by vagcom.

It's about the same price i'm asking for in Singapore vs superskoda but mine is error free.

Thanks Sony,

I like shiny twinkly things so new lights always appeal.

I draw the line at £300+ though, or should I say the wife will make the decision for me :giggle:

If you ever get a chance to show how you added the resistor that would make for some very interesting reading!

Hmmm, looking at the Superb FL, the outer rear light clusters look the same shape as the pre-FL and the inner clusters of the pre-FL L&K's LED tail lights look as though they'll match.

I wonder if the FL clusters will be cheaper than the pre-FL LED clusters?

I think I'm going to take the plunge with these...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FREE-SHIPPING-SKODA-SUPERB-OUTSIDE-LED-TAIL-LIGHT-REAR-LAMP-ASSEMBLY/738907583.html

£196 delivered from China to the UK for all four light clusters (inner and outer x4).

Assuming I'll get around £100 for my current non-LED lights on eBay then I reckon they are worth the gamble!

I'm sure that they may even come from the same factory as the OEM product, who knows. Creating the tooling to manufacture a set of copies is a huge investment for a low volume model of car such as the MkII Superb.

They are not plug and play. need to add resistor in between . I ordered a special resistor from US that come with proper heat sink and aluminum backing.

Sony, do you have a link for the resistors you bought?

• 2 weeks later...

Well they arrived this afternoon and were promptly fitted.

As expected they threw up the bulb-out warning light but I'm making progress in getting the correct coding to tell the car they are fitted.

Quality wise they are identical to the original clusters. Really easy to fit, took 10 minutes per side...

IMG_4550_zpsc5ecefaa.jpg

LEDRearLights_zps5375eb06.jpg

• Like 1

I think L&K Leds are different than Chinese ones. I have been using Chinese ones for almost a year, I couldnt find a way to stop yellow lights. There is an option in VAGCOM to enable led rears. But it doesnt work on Chinese ones, some people who bought European ones confirms after coding errors are removed. I couldnt make it happen.

If you use them with default coding, all functions are ok but they are overbright, and rear fogs are little dim. You get yellow light.

You can code your car via vcds to Chinese spec Superb, they are still bright, No errors anymore, but you lost front DRL because Chinese Superb doesnt have them so they are not in the setup.

You can use Golf rear led setups Leds are not bright anymore, standard. But you lost front DRLs again, because Superb has seperate DRL setup while Golf setup has them integrated into front headlights inside.

If you can find a reasonable solution for it, please let us know...

Hi Rumiexile,

You may be right, on mine the brake light function only uses the the top two layers of LED's, the lower horizontal line is just for the night light function.

Looking at the L&K LED's all of the LED's get brighter for the brake light function.

The rear fogs seem nice and bright to me, as they use normal incandescent bulbs.

I'll see how I get on with them, I may suceed with the coding as Ross-Tech and Skoda UK have offered to help with the correct Byte 18 coding...

FogLights_zpsf4d0432c.jpg

Edited by silver1011

• 3 weeks later...

No solution as yet, the offer of help from Ross-Tech was withdrawn after a genuine mistake.

Skoda UK have said they'll take a look but I have to book it in to a dealer and pay their diagnostic fee, around £75.

The dealer then talks to Skoda UK in Milton Keynes via their DAS System (or something sounding similar) for the correct coding.

I've not a lot of faith in Skoda so may have to either invest in a Ross-Tech VCDS cable or simply fit some resistors.