Cleaned the car today.....

Silverware

When I got my new Octavia VRS LE, I declined the Superguard option offered by the dealer, as I wanted to sort it out myself once I had got my hands on it.

Well, picked the car up in the week and got round to doing it today.

Process was:-

Washed with Megs Gold Class shampoo, 2 bucket method with a lambswool washmitt. Rinsed off.

Wheels cleaned with Megs Hot Rims all wheel cleaner and EZ Detail brush.

Dryed with a Sonus drying towel.

Polished with Car-Lack 68 applied with a slightly damp Sonus microfibre sponge pad. Polished off with a microfibre cloth.

One coat of Collinite 476 applied with a slightly damp Megs applicator pad. Polished off with a microfibre cloth

Wheels dried and then tyres treated with Megs endurance Gel.

All from stock, bit better than shelling out £250 me thinks!

The results:-

100_1398.jpg

100_1394.jpg

100_1395.jpg

100_1396.jpg

100_1397.jpg

100_1399.jpg

100_1400.jpg

100_1410.jpg

100_1411.jpg

Took me a couple of hours - Not too bad for an amateur!

Edited by Silverware

looks good that!...the colour really suits it.

good choice on the Collinite too:thumbup:

Thanks - I really like the colour and I think it goes really well with the black interior.

As for Collinite, I like it and find it easy to use, one panel at a time and nice and thin :thumbup:

Excellent work mate and much better than getting someone at a dealership to do it, unless it was someone like Chris_Focus................:D

Love the colour of the LE and I was wondering, any chance of some interior pics?

Excellent work mate and much better than getting someone at a dealership to do it, unless it was someone like Chris_Focus................:D

Love the colour of the LE and I was wondering, any chance of some interior pics?

Cheers. I am liking the colour more and more now I have got it.

A couple of interior pictures as requested, I did not have time to sort the interior out cleaning wise, job for next weekend:-

Drivers Seat - close up of embroidery in a few pictures time

100_1401.jpg

Number Tag

100_1402.jpg

RNS510 with proper faceplate, also new climatronic/heating controls

100_1404.jpg

Facelift Dials/Dash

100_1406.jpg

Seat Embroidery

100_1408.jpg

Everything else much the same as pre-facelift, apart from the steering wheel/silver colour ashtray cover, and I did not take a picture of those.

Anything specific you want a photo of?

Edited by Silverware

Anything specific you want a photo of?

No mate that's fine, I was just interested to see what's it was like inside, looks very nice and very impressive, the Octy 2 is growing on me...........:D

No mate that's fine, I was just interested to see what's it was like inside, looks very nice and very impressive, the Octy 2 is growing on me...........:D

For me the seats make the interior, and full leather is nice, especially with two young boys who like to spill stuff everywhere, just wipe whatever they spill off.

Also I like the new white needles in the dash, that are lit all the time, with or without headlights on, very nice appearance

I like the Octy 2, I would not have bought another one after 17 months if I didnt ;)

Very nice mate.

Very shiny too. Good Effort.

Im not a fan of the wheels myself but the car looks great and would be excellent at "blending in"

Carl:thumbup:

Thanks

The wheels have grown more appealing since I have had it, and I like them, even if it takes ages to clean them!:tired:

Also I like the new white needles in the dash, that are lit all the time, with or without headlights on, very nice appearance

Ahhh, cool, sounds like Skoda have pinched something off Audi then from the VAG pool...........:thumbup: