Fabia facelift at Frankfurt Motorshow?

According to one Czech news site, the Fabia facelift will be shown at the Frankfurt Motorshow later this month.

I thought they would wait until Geneva in March so it didn't clash with the Superb Combi launch, but we will see!

Looking forward to seeing it anyway, I guess (and hope) it will get the newer engines (1.6 CR TDIs to replace 1.4 and 1.9 and 1.2 TSI to replace the 1.6 petrol)

Maybe they are saving the Fabia 2 RS for Geneva?

According to one Czech news site, the Fabia facelift will be shown at the Frankfurt Motorshow later this month.

I thought they would wait until Geneva in March so it didn't clash with the Superb Combi launch, but we will see!

Looking forward to seeing it anyway, I guess (and hope) it will get the newer engines (1.6 CR TDIs to replace 1.4 and 1.9 and 1.2 TSI to replace the 1.6 petrol)

Maybe they are saving the Fabia 2 RS for Geneva?

I heard it was going to be shown at Frankfurt and that there may be an RS concept.

Will it definitely be a facelift and not a Fabia Mk3? the latter was intimated in the latest WhatCar in its less than complementary and somewhat inaccurate review of the Fabia in its 10 car supermini supertest. If it is a facelift, which is what I thought, Skoda will be the only VW group manufacturer stilll using the original VW supermini platform for some time to come

Will it definitely be a facelift and not a Fabia Mk3? the latter was intimated in the latest WhatCar in its less than complementary and somewhat inaccurate review of the Fabia in its 10 car supermini supertest. If it is a facelift, which is what I thought, Skoda will be the only VW group manufacturer stilll using the original VW supermini platform for some time to come

Ummm will that mean my cars going to be worth **** All :rofl: haha

It will just be a facelift, but should be quite a big one with new engines e.t.c. It will still use the old platform, but the new Polo/Ibiza version is only a modified version of the Fabia one anyway AFAIK?

• 2 weeks later...
Any idea what car I'll get?

I placed an order on the 26th August for a 1.4tdi 3 estate, due for delivery about the middle of October.

That will be pre-facelift. There is still no sign that the facelift will be at Frankfurt this week so probably won't be launched until Geneva, March next year.

[......] Looking forward to seeing it anyway, I guess (and hope) it will get the newer engines (1.6 CR TDIs to replace 1.4 and 1.9 and 1.2 TSI to replace the 1.6 petrol) [.....]

I hope they don't replace the 1.4TDI as I am hoping to get one of those.

Dave

I hope they don't replace the 1.4TDI as I am hoping to get one of those.

Dave

I am pretty sure it will be replaced so if you really want a 1.4TDI you should get one whilst you still can. On the plus side, just before it is facelifted the pre-facelifts should be going cheaper!

Why would you want a 1.4TDI over the 1.6 though? The new engine is common rail and 4 cylinder so should be more refined and just as economical and perhaps a bit more driveable too.

The new 1.6 TDI, detuned to 75PS approx, has had poor reviews. Not as punchy as the 1.4 TDI - it's 6PS down or something - with a bland, souless engine note. It's also pretty noisy. The more expensive 90PS has had better write-ups, but is likely to be quite a bit more expensive.

The new 1.6 TDI, detuned to 75PS approx, has had poor reviews. Not as punchy as the 1.4 TDI - it's 6PS down or something - with a bland, souless engine note. It's also pretty noisy. The more expensive 90PS has had better write-ups, but is likely to be quite a bit more expensive.

Ive said it before and ill say it again 1.4TDi best engine in the range :rofl: altho i would say that because i own one! :D

I am pretty sure it will be replaced so if you really want a 1.4TDI you should get one whilst you still can. On the plus side, just before it is facelifted the pre-facelifts should be going cheaper!

Why would you want a 1.4TDI over the 1.6 though? [......]

Cheers for the tip on this. The reason I want a 1.4TDI (80bhp hopefully) is that I want to keep my running costs down a bit. The reason for getting a TDI 80bhp is that the tax is cheaper for a start.

Dave

New spy photo of the Fabia facelift at the top of this mag front page...

Looks like the chrome bar on the front grille has been moved lower and the bumper has been restyled to make the front look a little wider and meaner. Personally I'd change the headlights to remove the top "eyebrow", that should make the car look a little less friendly and a bit more mean.

72365ba4b1tituleceksm39.jpg

That spy photo was actually of a Roomster van, clever chaps trying to run the facelift incognito!

I'm a little disappointed they aren't changing the headlights too but I think the changes should be good. The grille is lower and wider, and the lower middle air intake is also wider. The outer lower air intakes also wrap around further so although the car is no wider all that should add up to make it look a bit wider, lower and meaner than the current version.

Now it just needs some fresh alloys, a revamped interior and new engines :)

Here's some comparison photos George posted in another thread:

rfl1.jpg

4aa8df0c3999d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm beginning to wonder if we might see the facelift earlier than Geneva, Skoda are shutting down the Fabia production line for 2 days in late October to 'update some of the machinery', maybe retooling for the facelift parts?

Maybe they'll release the facelift early and save the RS for Geneva :)