Skoda return to Basingstoke.

Timo

Skoda have finally returned to Basingstoke:thumbup: City Skoda has opened as part of a rebrand and rejig at the autoplaza.

Was in the area getting some other things addressed on the car elsewhere and decided to stop in to see what the score was. Spoke to Steven Hartson who works on service there. Asked about warrranty work etc, he said that Skoda UK are coming to the site next week to run through some final set up details before their launch date but as from next week they should be able to do warranty work on site. Saves trying to get to Newbury:). Will get car booked in asap for some minor issues.

• 1 month later...

In there today for some front wiper blades. Parts guy wearing a Honda top, didn't look that good but he goes on his parts course with Skoda in Dec. with the aid of the service guy found the right part.

Seem nice people.

Service guy quoted me £286 for a 40,000 service on my VRS. I don't know how that compares with other dealers!!

Then asked me if I had had the cambelt changed, I said yes at 4 yrs. and the water pump as well. He asked why was that and seemed suprised when I said that the mark 1's had plastic impellers that broke up and needed replacing with a metal version. Their mechanic has been on a 4 day course at SUK and his first job was a cambelt change!!! So in at the deep end.

• 6 years later...

And now they have gone.  (And so have the other dealers on the Autoplaza).
But is that such a bad thing for us customers?  Probably not, judging by some of the comments on the Forums.

I drove by on Wednesday (6th Oct) and noted that all the Ford flags were still outside, flapping bravely.  Reminded me of the novel by Evelyn Waugh, 'Put Out More Flags'.