Is he talking Horlicks?!?!?!

fabtdi

Hi guys,

The rear bushes have yet again packed up on my Fabia Vrs. Just been talking to an independant repairer and he states that Skoda have now an improved version out.

Is this true?

I really need to get a good quality set since I get through them like toffee since I got the remap.

If he is talking Horlicks then which ones would you recommend (polybushes etc.) ?

Unfortunately I am gonna need them quick since I will be doing loads of driving around on my Hols.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

on mine if you looked under the car at the bush, and touched the wheel it would move a fair bit just pushing at the wheel with one hand, i didnt feel that amount of movement from me touching it whilst half under the car could be very good for handling, it would be moving a lot lot more under driving conditions, so thats why i replaced mine

The Cupra ones are great, I have them..

But does anyone know more about Skoda themselves revising the part?

Sounds interesting if they have... I know VW redesigned the whole system to eliminate the console bush all together, perhaps the Skoda tech was referring to this?

Sounds interesting if they have... I know VW redesigned the whole system to eliminate the console bush all together, perhaps the Skoda tech was referring to this?

i'm sure i read somewhere about a guy trying to fit a mk3 golf subframe to a fabia which would do away completely with the consoles

it is correct skoda have revised the bushes, old part number was 6Q0 407 183 A new part number is

1K0 407 183 E

Ooooooooooo, suspiciously similar to Seats "6LL 407 183"

Anyone know if this is actually the same part? Isn't 1K0 Audi or VW? i.e. The A2's console bush?

Either way, if it's not the same as the cupra bushes (but it probably is) how have they changed?

I seem to remember (maybe!) that the actual part number for the rubber insert is not the same as the part number for the complete assembly - on the original Fabia/Polo/Ibiza TCA rear bush. So, it stands to reason that the newer insert used on the Golf 5, that has four(?) webs instead of two, will have its own number although it is sold as part of slightly bigger assembly. All this means is that it is entirely possible that VAG have substituted this Golf 5 insert in the Fabia/Polo/Ibiza revised TCA rear bush - but I'd expect that the revised assembly would "lose" the IK0 part of the part number as this complete assembly would not get used on the 1K0 platform.

We have just started getting through the modified bushes to fit to our fleet of Fabias. The outer nylon casing is the same but the mod is they have four smaller rubber 'poles' in the middle instead of two thick ones. This a very similar design to the Octavia II lower arm rear bush.

I think that they may very well be the same part number as the old bush so if you get any from dealers now, demand that you are given the modified bush and not fobbed off with their remaining stock of the old bushes.

And yes they seem to work very well. 3 weeks ago i fitted the solid Cupra bushes to my own Fabia 1.9TDi Estate but the increased engine vibration/resonance through the body was unbearable. After 2 weeks of suffering this and speaking to my VAG parts supplier they offered me the modified bushes (which had only just become available), fitted those and what a difference. The ride and drive is now so smooth compared to before it's like a different car and I am one happy bunny. So if you need your bushes doing, get the official modified ones and you won't be dissapointed. By the way, I now have 2 solid Cupra bushes with very low mileage I don't need!!

This makes me very pleased, The Fact that Skoda have done something about this poor part design even after the model has been discontinued is great! Even if they have just nicked it from else where with-in VAG. Of course, it could just be that VW have changed all models that used this part.. but would be interesting to know if SEAT have moved over to the different part.

Though it does seem like the perfect time to say.. Better late then never ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi

Went to my local VW/Seat dealership parts department and looked at both the Seat Cupra bush and the 'revised' 1K0 407 138E bush - both of which they had in stock!! :)

The guy said that when they are replacing the bushes on 'out of warranty' cars they always use the Cupra bush.

The revised part does have 4 'webs' rather than 2 although they form an X rather than a + so there will still be a fair amount of sideways movement in the horizontal plane - but almost certainly much less than the current pattern 2 'web' bush fitted as standard. Initially I thought the bush did not have any 'voids' but then I realised that the voids just contained a thin flm of rubber from the moulding process.

At least it's good to know that these revised items are available from dealers and that we do now have a choice as to what type to fit.

I personally am going for the Cupra bushes!! :thumbup:

Alan