My new Silver vRS Hatch facelift pics

Atty

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you tell me if your LED daylight running lights had been set up when you collected the car, enabling you to have them either on or off - or do you also have to go through the dealership via VAGCom rigmarole for their activation ?

Just had a quick play with the setup menu and I can switch the daylight driving lights on and off.

DSCF1017.jpg

Just had a quick play with the setup menu and I can switch the daylight driving lights on and off.

DSCF1017.jpg

On the Elegance the DRL bulbs are integrated in fog units. On my car's delivery, mine (and others on this forum) were not set up and require VAGCom to do so. Once this is done they can only be turned on/off via the indicator stalk only as they do not appear within the Maxidot menus.

On the vRS, are your LED DLRs actually part of the fog lamp unit or are they separate - I know they sit above it ?

On the vRS, are your LED DLRs actually part of the fog lamp unit or are they separate - I know they sit above it ?

It's difficult to say without taking it off the car but I think the LED strip and the fog lamp are two seperate parts

No sunset glass is not available as a factory option on the vRS hatch. I have the Skoda Sunblinds fitted and they appear to be very good quality

Atty,

Are the sunblinds an optional extra with the rear sunlind or can they be bought??

Do you have any pics?

How do they fit?

They look really well, I want.

It's difficult to say without taking it off the car but I think the LED strip and the fog lamp are two seperate parts

Skoda's 'wisdom' is a little difficult to aprehend, certainly where UK cars are concerned. It appears that with the Maxidot equipped F/L vRS, the DRLs are set up ready by the factory and the owner can turn them on/off either via the Maxidot's menu or indicator stalk and this is how it should be. However, in the case of the Maxidot equipped Elegance, the DRLs have not been set up on delivery nor does the function to control them appear in the Maxidot's menu. In other words, although the DRL bulbs are fitted, they cannot be used! It is a case of getting the dealer to set them up via VAGCom, then and only then can they be controlled via the indicator stalk only.

Very strange when both cars have DRLs fitted, one is pre set up and one is not. One appears in the Maxidot menu and one does not.

A very illogical Skoda decision it seems:confused::confused::confused:.

Atty,

Are the sunblinds an optional extra with the rear sunlind or can they be bought??

Do you have any pics?

How do they fit?

They look really well, I want.

They are seperate to the rear sunblind and were supplied by the dealer. I tried taking some pics but it was difficult to show any detail. Each blind is held in place by 5 clips that are slid behind the rubber seal. The quality seems very good and they are easy to remove and refit. You can also have the window open with the blinds fitted should you wish.

?koda Accessories

I wanted a silver one but the trouble is some of the Private Hire boys in Brighton run them so that was out. Does look, nice though. I'm still not completely convinced about the front end refresh - car manufacturers seem incapable of leaving well alone - that said I'm sure it will grow on me. Whatever, enjoy your new wheels!

I wanted a silver one but the trouble is some of the Private Hire boys in Brighton run them so that was out. Does look, nice though. I'm still not completely convinced about the front end refresh - car manufacturers seem incapable of leaving well alone - that said I'm sure it will grow on me. Whatever, enjoy your new wheels!

I kind of agree with you wardth about the front end (the back looks beauiful). The only thing that really bugs me though is the super-wide spacing on the grill gills. I prefer them closer together like an Octavia grill should be :o

But it is still a beautiful looking motor and I'm still jealous :thumbup:

Looks very nice that. Much nicer than the old mk2 front end.

Personally I don't think the wheels suit it though, and it's riding way too high for a performance car. Once those things are addressed I think this is going to turn out to be a stunner.

Try Hastings - they were the cheapest for me by miles. Mines a vRS too.

Cheers. Just tried them and they won't even insure me as I have no NCB as this is my first car insurence. Just signed up with Admiral after seeing quotes from £800 to £5,000. Even the Skoda car insurence quoted me £3,500.

Oh and MY CAR HAS ARRIVED... hopefully pick it up on Friday.