To those that have sold their vRS Fabia's

DayVe

Good afternoon,

This one is aimed to those who've Sold Fab vRS's in the past.

As one or two of you know, Non freedom advertising. Im in two minds about it. Ive never "loved" the car, like my Golf before it. But ive always "liked" the Fab. Looking at a for sale thread has made me look at the car differently, and it sounds great in the thread.

Just wanted the opinion of people who have sold Fabia's before really!

What did you buy? How did it live up to the Fabia? did going back to a petrol Turbo (such as a Golf GTi) have a big effect on your wallet? And importantly . . . DID ANYONE SELL THEIR FABIA vRS TO ONLY END UP BACK IN ONE?

Edited by auroan

Oh yes my friend, I sold my 54 plate vRS for a 56 plate Octy L&K - I liked it but I didn't love it like I loved the vRS, haha! It (the Octy) was a lovely motor and it had everything you could want in a car and more in terms of toys - you name it, the L&K had it, but somehow, it never quite put a smile on my face the way my little vRS did and I think that's the most important thing. A car is a treat at the end of the day and you should look forward to driving it rather than view it as something that gets you from A to B so I got shut of it after less than 6 months and am back in a Fabia vRS once more.

I've not sold and re bought a vRS.. but did sell my last Fabia 1.4 with every intention of getting a Lupo GTi and ended up back in a Fabia, and that's on top of selling because I was fed up with the Fabia's lack of reliability.. I took a gamble it was just that one car, which a year on is looking to be the case :D

I went a viewed a Lupo GTI (in the super rare stone grey) and after having sat in it for ten or so minutes just wasn't feeling the same level of comfort as the Fabia, It was nothing to do with toys, but more the amount and design of trim. Getting out of the Lupo and back into my Fabia was like getting out of a mk1 fiesta into a S class Merc.. It's tiny things like the way the door tops blend into the dash and the lack of exposed paint once the doors closed as well as the thickness of the A pillar etc etc, Was just a nicer place to be.. That's when i knew it had to be another Furby!

I went from a v reg Goof Gti Turbo which i never really liked (good cruiser but felt heavier than the moon) to an 04 fabia Vrs which i loved but sold after 6 months then bought a 54 Fabia vrs after a year in the wilderness with 2 cheap runabouts whilst waiting for my ideal vrs to turn up! Love my car to bits and cant thing of anything else i would replace it with at the moment....

Went from a Fabia vRS to a Leon PD140 DSG. Mainly changed because of a back problem that made driving a manual painful. The Leon is bigger and more refined, the Fabia was great fun, and I do sometimes miss it, but not when I'm stuck in traffic.

Traded it in for a Roomster, which is far more reliable, drives and handles better with the added advantage I can fit lots of stuff in the boot.

I loved the VRS for various reasons but I don't look back at that as I now have a far better car under me.

We got rid of the vRS because it was too old (55 plate) and got a Fabia sport :)

I wouldn't really class a 55 plate as old :confused:

I have been looking at various cars but nothing (apart form the new A3 S3 :drool:) seems to be winning against the fabia for me at the minute, its cheap to run, fast and the handling is pretty good :thumbup:

I did 45k in 18 months in my Fabia vRS. I loved it to bits and had a huge amount of fun in it. I really don't regret getting rid though. I regret getting rid of my Passat though, and I regret getting rid of my e36 328i. Everything else I've had has been "just a car" tbh. I hope I feel a bit more enthusiastic about my Mazda when it arrives as I'm stuck with it for 3 years! :rofl: