Ultimate Dubs Show -Telford

ozzy999

yeah was gutted i missed it Si but mothers day previaled!

n he shudn b buyin nits he is supposed to be leaving the country in a few weeks lol

looks like he cant help himself n know he really misses his mk2, but onwards n upwards!

i will be bringin the slicks up for gti spring so maybe catch ya there bud!?

ooops only just realised my mate hadn signed himself out lmao!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that's the final summary really as it's true..................for me 'slamming' a car completely changes it's road presence into something so much better............. :thumbup:

Where there is a will there is a way, what you have to bear in mind is that although the wheels look tucked up into the arches as they are 20's it has raised the sump area meaning it's not problem to get on things such as ferries, trust me , I know.......... :thumbup:

Fair enough. Just saying it as I see it lol.

Guest westallc

does make you think this modding lark the one that won is pretty much a new car so paint work should be mint he then paid a few grand for some big wheels and air ride and he wins lol

take si's car for example alot older and the paint work was still mint loads of prep work and time and loads of sensible 1 off mods wich is why it won this a few times and a worthy winner in my eyes i just cant see how any new car can win these events imho.....

Edited by westallc

i just cant see how any new car can win these events imho.....

:thumbdown: That just pretty much means people who can only afford to run dailies are shut out. Believe me, I'd love to have a Mk2 Golf show car, but , I don't have a garage and I only have room on my drive for one car and can only really afford to run one car. Therefore, I only have one car that I can show and that's my daily, which is always going to be fairly new.

Edited by wega3k

Guest westallc

okay re phrase it there should be different classes one for new cars one for older cars one for cars brought on the back of a trailer and one that have been driven ( not just the 100 yards from the trailer lol)

is that better lol

p.s if i go buy a new car throw some bbs splits on it i couldnt say i would be happy winning the prize when people go through so much to get there car to show winning standard to then lose to a guy who just stuck some wheels on>..... does that make sense??

Edited by westallc

okay re phrase it there should be different classes one for new cars one for older cars one for cars brought on the back of a trailer and one that have been driven ( not just the 100 yards from the trailer lol)

is that better lol

p.s if i go buy a new car throw some bbs splits on it i couldnt say i would be happy winning the prize when people go through so much to get there car to show winning standard to then lose to a guy who just stuck some wheels on>..... does that make sense??

Anyone can put together a car, new or old. Its making it look show worthy thats the trick.

Plus i would bet my life that there wasnt a single mk2 or mk1 or the like indoors at UD that hadnt had a respray or a lot of touching up.