Yet another Fabia VRs rear ended :(

Stopped at a set of traffic lights that were red and in my rearview mirror I could see a Volkswagen Transporter skidding behind me, so I pull the car forward to try and minimise the damage. He got me anyway :(

From the hefty thump up the ar$e I was expecting a lot of damage but to my surprise the only damage incurred was a split rear bumper, a few scratches and the lower edge of the hatch lid has folded under. However, the boot is still operative, all the lights work etc.........

I called DirectLine at 4pm to report the accident, 4:30pm the car repairers phoned to arrange collection and the car hire people are calling me tomorrow to arrange a temporary car. All in all not a good day but I must say I'm impressed with directline.

Des

Sounds very familiar. Unlucky mate hope it gets sorted out soon. Also hope the driver of the VW transporter is insured unlike my accident :mad:

That time of the year I again I fear! Bad news fellah. :thumbdwn:

I know the bodyshops I go into are looking forward to the dark wet icy foggy nights that are nearly upon us!

John...how did you find Mr Scrotes address fellah? Good work, but what has he got to say, is he going to pay out of his own pocket :rofl: and are plod prosecuting him?

If you've got his phone number, I think I'll start a mass telephone barrage of Briskoda members telephone 'conversations' with him :thumbup: number witheld of course!

With 2 rear shunts recently,:eek: does anyone know who sells cotton wool in bulk, so we can wrap the rear of our cars . :nurse:

Sorry to hear another rear ender. :(

( This cotton wool idea, methinks another group buy :rofl: )

Steve

Not motorcycle insurance, it could all go :scared:

I had several years motorbike NCB when I started to get insured on my Car, but they said it's not transferable. I have heard of people having accidents in company cars losing thier Motorbike NCB, bloody insurance companies!!!!!! I have one hope that they don't make it knock for knock otherwise I have to throw myself at the mercy of the Insurance Companies :(

I can live in hope, bloody Focus drivers!!!!!!

Heath