Fitted R32 Steering wheel

Hi Folks, latest mod. Thought I would fit a R32 Steering wheel as they are a nice edition to the interior. Had to carefully remove the airbag and swap it over to the R32 wheel but no real issues. The R32 wheel is a lot wider grip to the VRS one and took a little while to adjust to. Not 100% sure will keep it in there but see how it goes.

GolfR32Steeringwheel011.jpg

GolfR32Steeringwheel020.jpg

cheers guys.

Yes same diameter, just a lot thicker so actually your hands would be slightly closer together. It has shaped sides that are very comfortable to keep your hands there.

• 3 weeks later...

I also agree, not to my liking did not feel right and look right, that's why i now have standard one back on and resold that on. Made another 50 quid on it:thumbup:

Just by redying it and polishing it :D. How you see it in the pic.

before that it was sun bleached and looked worn

Can't believe you didn't like it! These are lush to drive with!

I like the look of them in the R32 as it suit's that car better. Also as the R32 has a quick rack. (2.5 turns) as apposed to the VRS (3.5 turns) It feels better in the Golf.

Also the standard VRS wheel has a pattern to it that compliments the carbon dash and seats better. I think.

so the R32 wheel only come wi that leather?

dont think Ill get on then as the perforated look is what makes it for me. cant wait to get the R32 seats to look like the std vRS ones now lol.

just need some money

billy

is the R32 rack that much quicker? I only thought it was 1/2 turn faster?

so the R32 wheel only come wi that leather?

Yes Billy it only came like that.

dont think Ill get on then as the perforated look is what makes it for me. cant wait to get the R32 seats to look like the std vRS ones now lol.

Yep that's what i thought too. Boy

Keep the seats all Black Billy looks good.

is the R32 rack that much quicker? I only thought it was 1/2 turn faster?

Yep a full turn quicker mate, that's what makes the R32 seem more positive around bends(well and the 4 wheel drive of course)

cheers, thats deff on the list when mine goes. cant just get new bits ne more, made a promis that only when things break can I get better ones lol.

It's quite suprising how often things "BREAK" though isn't it :D :D :D