Just spent a shedload of cash!

I don't think 350, maybe 300. It's the mk2 chassis which helps it run 13 second flat 1/4 miles. At least that's what it was doing at Inters I think?

It was only what I was told, as is meant to be running with NOS? Its also PB is a 12.5 @ Santa Pod when I was looking into it, as for Inters, how can it have ran a 13 dead, when I got the title for the weekend? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by warwick hunt

mine at jabba now getting st3 costing 7k...they say 250bhp +20 ish with water/meth...where will yours get the other 50 ish from?

Can you list exactly what your getting for that mate please?

stage 3 hybrid turbo..custom made intercooler....peloquin LSD...SMF,upgraded clutch/pressure plate,anti surge system,water meth injection,powerflex/cupra bush upgrade,custom remap.

Thats alot of work mate :) Could you add a price to each upgrade?

Whats a anti surge system???

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was only what I was told, as is meant to be running with NOS? Its also PB is a 12.5 @ Santa Pod when I was looking into it, as for Inters, how can it have ran a 13 dead, when I got the title for the weekend? ;)

stage 3 hybrid turbo..custom made intercooler....peloquin LSD...SMF,upgraded clutch/pressure plate,anti surge system,water meth injection,powerflex/cupra bush upgrade,custom remap.

Thats alot of work mate :) Could you add a price to each upgrade?

Whats a anti surge system???

Stage 3 - 245-250BHP + 15-20BHP with optional Boost Cooler® water/methanol kit.

Parts Included:

• JabbaSport 8V Diesel Exhaust Manifold
  • JabbaSport Custom Garret Turbocharger
  • JabbaSport De-Cat Downpipe

• Pro-Alloy Front Mount Intercooler
  • Larger Air Mass Sensor
  • JabbaSport Anti-Surge System
  • Sachs Dual-Mass Performance Clutch Kit *It's Recommended That You Opt For A Single-Mass Setup With A Stage 3 Turbo Kit*
  • JabbaSport Custom Remap

not really sure sparky it was in the st3 upgrade list tho...:rolleyes:

Madness!! buying the car then spending 7-10k on tuning..

jeez could ave bought a decent car for that.

you miss the point entirely, so am i mad spending 000's on a 22 year old golf? part of the attraction is the enjoyment of doing it,the other part is when you blast the expensive stuff on a track day or a drag strip and they come and find you asking wtf is in that?????After spending over 20k on my fabia(including buying the car) i would say i wouldn't spend anything on a diesel again,but we live and learn,those that get it get it,those who don't don't,i can't understand the bloke who pays 000's for golf/fishing stuff but i don't knock it cos thats just there thing:)

They'll be fine. ;) Unless you want to drop the sump for a peek? :)

The extra 50hp comes from race injectors, head porting, bigger exhaust valves, race cam and the fact the turbo is bloody good. :thumbup:

PS: This doesn't imply the Jabba turbo isn't good - just I've gone for about the biggest you can really fit before you start getting into turbos which are in reality too over matched for use with the 1.9 TDI engine. Got an LSD too, which is totally awesome.

EDIT: GARY!? god. Always gets in there first. :rofl:

oh and one more point jason,you do NOT have an lsd:rolleyes:

I'm actually sending my injectors away again to be bench tested, just to be sure it's mapping that was causing my misfire and not a dodgy injector. The cam is coming from Europe, where it's been properly treated first, so have a lot more faith than a plain regrind like I had before. :)

Can I ask where in European lands the cam is coming from and at what cost? PM me if you prefer, as its something I will look at in the future no doubt, aswell as head work, yours going down to jabba for a porting? do you think there will be any gains wih a tub mani?

Ultimately I think the cam is coming from Germany, bit not 100% on that. Jabba are doing the porting and this will be the 2nd time they've had the head for some work so hoping for mega gains there. Tubular manifold will definitely help - just a shame the turbo/manifold assembly is so hidden away as it's the kind of thing you'd want to show off at carshows and the like. :D

Believe me, a cam in a TDI does not mean a lumpy tickover. :cool: You wouldn't have known I had one with my first regrind. Still a nice level tickover. If anything I would say an ultra light single mass flywheel has more effect on tickover, etc.

Ultimately I think the cam is coming from Germany, bit not 100% on that. Jabba are doing the porting and this will be the 2nd time they've had the head for some work so hoping for mega gains there. Tubular manifold will definitely help - just a shame the turbo/manifold assembly is so hidden away as it's the kind of thing you'd want to show off at carshows and the like. :D

So what have you had done to the head before at jabba for them to be playing again now!? lol.

What gains do you expect with the cam? acting like nothing else was changing... of course!

Yeah can see why youd want to show that off mate... maybe get some lifts and let people look underneath at shows?! :D