Innacurate computer fabia vrs

glynnd

Hi all

Can anybody help with this.

My computer is redaing 62.2 but have calculated from brim back to brim 49.8.

I can see that some of you are getting innacurate readings, but is this a known problem (fuel sensor renewal) that can be sorted or is it a live with it problem?

I have had fab vrs' before as trade demo (04/05) cars and never seen this problem on any of them.

Any help welcomed

Glynn

I believe there is a way of re-calibrating the Trip computer by using VagCom.

I remember reading about it via doin a search on this forum

(my trip computer is about 10% out. indicated 50mpg is actually 55+mpg on a full tank to empty method)

Ours is the same - computer claims 65mpg whereas it's just over 50mpg in reality (2006 vRS). The dealer said there's nothing that they can do about it, so I guess it's just one of those things we'll have to live with. Our last Fabia's computer was spot on (2001 TDi)!

just figured mine out for one tank based on the receipt I found. Computer said 53.1 to the gallon, I figured out 50.4! This makes me cry! I thought I was doing really well! However, to be fair, the claimed mpg figures for my old car said 38 mpg combined, and I'd be suprised if I EVER got anywhere near that, and yes, it was completely standard!

All trip computers on all makes/models are inaccurate, some more than others though. The reason being, there are to many variables to consider when the software makes the calculations. Fuel flow, throttle position, road gradient, engine rpm an so on. Added into this,you have the fuel that gets returned to the tank on the overrun and you can see why they are innacurate.