Fixing a fuel pump, possible?

tdneVmo

Hey.

My fuel pump looses pressure after 2 minutes of 12 volt.

What is it inside the pump that goes wrong?

My car broke 3 fuel pumps already.

Anyone who has got an explode view for the fuel pump in a VW/audi/skoda?

My car is the Skoda Forman/favorit 1,3 1995

Yes i have.

If a fuse is tripped the pump doesnt work, and the electrics are fine, since the pumps electric motor works just fine!

Please stick to the topic :)

I just want someone with a mechanical understand of a fuel pump.

Yes i have.

If a fuse is tripped the pump doesnt work, and the electrics are fine, since the pumps electric motor works just fine!

Please stick to the topic :)

I just want someone with a mechanical understand of a fuel pump.

No need to be rude, and you'll find your fuel pump is electromechanical, because the one in the fuel tank is electronically driven.

Hence my comment about checking your voltages because this might be burning the electronic part out on them or temporarily tripping a thermal cut out.

I think i found the error. I took the returnhose off of the pump, and the injection, and then i tried blowing into it, and i could hardly get any air through there, so that might be the problem? Simply too much pressure.

I can't imagine you'd be able to blow past the fuel pressure regulator anyway and a mouth full of petrol isn't good for your health :) As mentioned above check that the voltage is actually getting to the terminals on the fuel pump. With the engine running it should be maybe 13.5v to 14v. Also try replacing the fuel pump relay under the plastic cover by the ECU (will need another of the same type grey one).Has the fuel filter been changed recently? These are often neglected on the injection models due to their inaccessible location. Is the immobiliser coming back on if fitted (red flashing light where immobiliser key goes)? Either you're buying bad pumps, or there's another fault and I guess it's the latter.

If the pump is faulty apparently all you need is an insert part that costs a bit less than an entire new pump.

Any diagrams that are available will be on www.vagcat.com (Free registration).

Post would probably benefit from being moved to appropriate forum (Favorit, Felicia, Fun and Foreman).