Bolero Bluetooth Add on

Have read a few posts relating to this but could do with options summarised, I will be getting a FL VRS 170 manual delivered end of this month, I haven't specified any options so I presume it wont have the maxidot.

I want to add bluetooth compatibility and ideally want it fully integrated and controlled through the Bolero.

Is this something that can be fitted at a dealers?

Agreed. Check now and hopefully you can get it tagged onto your order. You'll need Maxidot and the OEM BT module, plus wiring - so best to get it done now. It will be cheaper and less hassle :)

Steve

and isn't it £480?

Does anyone know what this is in the brochure?

02-11-200915-03-06.jpg

As far as I can see, this looks like the best option;

OEMRetrofits

Just frustrating as before the Octavia I was considering a Scirroco and the Volkwagon dealer offered an aftermarket option to add bluetooth in to their touchscreen unit which is the same I think RCD510? they told me it was better than the factory option as it was compatible with more phones and was only ~£200

It is too late to add it as an option I managed to get a preordered car for quicker delivery, downside was it was totally standard (apart from rear parking sensors)

Edited by chris79

Not sure if it still holds true, but the Bluetooth was only an option on the DSG version (strange but true) - but at least it came with Maxidot as part of the set up.

This is not and, as far as I'm aware, has never been the case. It's just a myth that came about due to people not reading the brochure properly. There are two different steering wheels depending on whether or not you have DSG. Both come with a bluetooth option.

I agree that the brochure is confusing so I got in touch with Skoda UK at the end of August and got this answer - quote ...........

I can confirm that Bluetooth option is only available with a Direct Shift Gearbox and the Maxi-Dot computer is included in this option.

I have advised the Website Management Team of the incorrect information on the Skoda website and this will be amended accordingly.

If you have any other enquiries about our vehicles please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for taking the time to e-mail Skoda Customer Services.

Kind regards

Chris Carr

Skoda UK Customer Services

Tel: 08457 745 745 Ext: 63266

E-mail: [email protected]

Hope this helps.

I agree that the brochure is confusing so I got in touch with Skoda UK at the end of August and got this answer - quote ...........

I can confirm that Bluetooth option is only available with a Direct Shift Gearbox and the Maxi-Dot computer is included in this option.

I have advised the Website Management Team of the incorrect information on the Skoda website and this will be amended accordingly.

If you have any other enquiries about our vehicles please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for taking the time to e-mail Skoda Customer Services.

Kind regards

Chris Carr

Hope this helps.

As useful as this info is, there's absolutely no reason why they can't offer the Bluetooth option on non-DSG Octavias!!

I agree; why not on non-DSG variants. But even the English version of the brochure (not the UK brochure) on the main Skoda (Czech) web-site says:

The 3-spoke multifunctional steering wheel

is wrapped in black,

partially compressed leather. It is adorned with an original RS plaque

on the bottom part. Available only with automatic DSG transmission.

There are often options that are avalable (eg: electric folding mirrors) in other countries that Skoda UK decide not to offer. But as far as I can make out, the bluetooth controls are on the multi-function steering wheel. So it's not an option fitted at the factory at all.

I only wish it wasn't as it appears.

The OEM Skoda Bluetooth module is still perfectly usable without the MSFW - I know, I've seen it and used it - and also on a Facelift Octavia! :)

With suitable coding and a Columbus (MFD3) headunit, it can also be used via the touchscreen there.

Steve

02-11-200915-03-06.jpg

Whatever you do, dont get this unit. This is the unit commonly known as "BlueConnect", its no substitute for the proper factory fitted system.

The blueconnect does not interface with any of the cars electronics (eg. no maxidot functions or headunit control). Its a basic bluetooth reciever that gets placed in the roof sunglasses holder by the interior light. To operate the blueconnect you need to reach above your head to answer and activate its functions.

Then we have the fit problems, in that they have been known to fall out when closing car doors.

As useful as this info is, there's absolutely no reason why they can't offer the Bluetooth option on non-DSG Octavias!!

I was offered it as an option on my new non-DSG car. I declined because of the cost.

I agree; why not on non-DSG variants. But even the English version of the brochure (not the UK brochure) on the main Skoda (Czech) web-site says:

The 3-spoke multifunctional steering wheel

is wrapped in black,

partially compressed leather. It is adorned with an original RS plaque

on the bottom part. Available only with automatic DSG transmission.

That's because the non-DSG comes with a 4 spoke steering wheel. The 4 spoke also has maxidot included and bluetooth as an option. At least it does on the Elegance I'm expecting to pick up this week.

Kind regards

Chris Carr

Hope this helps.

It seems that institutional incompetence is affecting all industry, Skoda UK included. As far as I'm concerned the above is simply not true. The confusion, as I've said before, is down to the fact that DSG and non-DSG use different steering wheels.

It couldn't be more clear in the brochure that bluetooth is available on manual cars.

and isn't it £480?

Does anyone know what this is in the brochure?

02-11-200915-03-06.jpg

As far as I can see, this looks like the best option;

OEMRetrofits

Just frustrating as before the Octavia I was considering a Scirroco and the Volkwagon dealer offered an aftermarket option to add bluetooth in to their touchscreen unit which is the same I think RCD510? they told me it was better than the factory option as it was compatible with more phones and was only ~£200

It is too late to add it as an option I managed to get a preordered car for quicker delivery, downside was it was totally standard (apart from rear parking sensors)

Yes its this I have just bought this one

Skoda Intergrated Bluetooth Handsfree Kit Octavia Fabia on eBay (end time 27-Oct-09 13:25:35 GMT)

It seems that institutional incompetence is affecting all industry, Skoda UK included. As far as I'm concerned the above is simply not true. The confusion, as I've said before, is down to the fact that DSG and non-DSG use different steering wheels.

It couldn't be more clear in the brochure that bluetooth is available on manual cars.

In which case you are wrong.

Technically you can have it with out mfsw, but skoda will NOT sell you it as such.

You can not buy a UK spec vRS with out a 3 spoke steering wheel. So you can't buy a UK spec manual vRS with OEM integrated bluetooth as Skoda UK don't offer it as an option.

Explain to me how the brochure says you can have oem integrated bluetooth with a manual ( listed below are the extras from the brochure;

Available on new Octavia vRS

Black ‘vRS’ leather seats £695.65 £104.35 £800.00

Bluetooth® and telephone function for

multi-function steering wheel and Maxi-dot (DSG only) £417.39 £62.61 £480.00

Acoustic rear parking sensors £226.09 £33.91 £260.00

Auto dimming rear view mirror, rain sensor and

light assistant (coming home and tunnel light) £130.43 £19.57 £150.00

Sprint yellow paint £347.83 £52.17 £400.00

Xenon headlights and AFS II, with dynamic angle control

and integrated front headlight washers £608.70 £91.30 £700.00

Now, if your talking about non-vRS manual octavias, then yes you can have oem integrated bluetooth..... but NOT on the uk spec vRS. This is the options Skoda UK give you. Not what may be "technically feesable"

Edited by auroan

Whatever you do, dont get this unit. This is the unit commonly known as "BlueConnect", its no substitute for the proper factory fitted system.

The blueconnect does not interface with any of the cars electronics (eg. no maxidot functions or headunit control). Its a basic bluetooth reciever that gets placed in the roof sunglasses holder by the interior light. To operate the blueconnect you need to reach above your head to answer and activate its functions.

Then we have the fit problems, in that they have been known to fall out when closing car doors.

So how is it wired up I have received a multi block loom in the box 2 instruction books but no actual wiring diagram, mine came with with the sunglasses holder with the cut out already done

Whatever you do, dont get this unit.

Did you not read the first line of Manny's post Skippy? :rotz:

You could have had an OEM Bluetooth module for not much more, as I'm about to sell mine...

Steve

Did you not read the first line of Manny's post Skippy? :rotz:

You could have had an OEM Bluetooth module for not much more, as I'm about to sell mine...

Steve

Will it work with the MFD2??????????? PM with prices please if it will

I did post a picture of this unit a while back under anyone using one of these, but got no replies

This revision of the module works with Maxidot, and calls/phonebook are handled there. So if you've not got Maxidot it won't be any use. The type of headunit you have isn't relevant.

And on your last point, there might be a reason why you got no reply to people using them. Because they don't get good reviews and people don't buy them :)

Steve