Fabia Vrs front styling ideas

I own a black vrs, only mods i have done are the seat front splitter. i want to get rid of the chrome on the front grill and mesh it . the bottom grill as well above the splitter. any ideas or photos of previous attempts at this please.

there is grill on ebay for £55 but i want mine to be unique and i think i can do better job and for less money. getting it lowered and re mapped after xmas due to cash flow so this will curb the modding bug in me till then.

thanks for any replies and ides.

nick.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x301/proevofan/300920091016.jpg

what are you on about , i thought this site was for fellow skoda drivers to help other skoda drivers?

84 views and just 1 useless reply?

cheers.

charming im sure!!!! you will find many many ideas if you use the search button.

A very subtle front end mod is to replace foglamp bulbs with blue tinted type.

Normal looking and legal in use but when switched off the relection in the reflector

give the foglamp a bluey look. This may not be your cup of tea but it looks nice on mine.

I find the light when they are on to be a bit whiter than normal clear type bulbs too.

Also I've changed the indicator bulbs with silvered ones, and put in nightbreakers instead of stock h/lamp bulbs which seem much brighter than the originals. To finish I put on Bosch retrofit Aero wipers. To me theses mods have changed the look of the front of the car.

I still haven't de badged the front yet but do plan to. Ultimately I am after a stealthy look for mine. Still can't decide on whether or not to get the splitter. I've got a small Brisky silver sticker right at the bottom of the front bumper... Mrs Grr not keen on that but I like it....

Like i said at the start, subtle.

It all depends on what you're trying to achieve really mate.. :thumbup:

what are you on about , i thought this site was for fellow skoda drivers to help other skoda drivers?

cheers.

Keep up that attitude and you may get fewer and fewer replies to threads you start! :finger:

As long as they are used ONLY when it is foggy.

Of course.... I'm 36 mate.... What do you take me for???

The beauty of this mod is that it works better visually with the lights off anyway.

I forgot to mention earlier that I've also got LED parking lights too. The previous owner fitted them though, that's why it slipped my mind... They aren't as bright as standard ones

and have an icy blue/white colour when on.

You can de-chrome your grill or buy a Molotec black one which does away with the slats. (I personally am not keen on either, but that's my opinion).

Other stying mods are Retrofit front Areo wipers and De-Tango your indicators. It looks like Mikey has Osram Diadem one which give the blue/green tint. You can get Philips ones without it and look silver. You could buy a aluminium Tax holder, I've seen them on fleBay with vRS engraved.

What about...

Rework the numberplate and lower grille "thing".

Channel it to add a surround and smooth it over to paint the solid numberplate surround body colour. Then instead of ripping the chrome off, try a black-chrome effect using fil(u)m.

J.

I remember seeing a guide on the Octy I section a while back, Someone modified their stock grille removing the slats and replacing with mesh. Really good results obtained, Reminiscent of the Milotech but not so bulky looking!

cheers.

There are no rules stating that users MUST reply to a thread they have read.

Your thread is titled 'Fabia vRS Front Styling Ideas'

I clicked on it because i thought you were sharing some. If you'd put the word 'wanted' at the end of the post, there is a good chance that people who have changed the front of their car may have looked with the intention of giving ideas/advice.

But your snotty remark has put me off helping. :finger:

Look guys, I saw that remark but still tried to help...

I was young and impatient myself once upon a time... :eek:

What I love about Briskoda is the true sense of community that exists

with a common interest to bind it...

Its a fantastic resource for all of us and it can only stay that way if we

keep sharing information.... Would be nice if the OP could get back and respond to some of the suggestions offered. Thats what makes these forums so great.

Keep it up everybody...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: