Unsurprisingly... Leaky doors.

grr666

I know the drill to fix the problem, I just need to know how many of the clips I need to completely replace the lot on two Fabias. So thats enough for 8 doors in total.:rolleyes:

Also a part number would be handy....

Thanks in advance.

Garry.:thumbup::thumbup:

You might not even break any if your careful, I didn't with mine :D

I noticed halfords have the exact same clips though

I sort of broke mine, I think they will still work so tempted to give it a go

Quick note, screwfix are doing a clear unibond sealent for £2.99 if you have one near. I am lucky and have 2 :D

Thanks for the help folks... Much appreciated...

Being in the building game I have plentiful access to a range of (free) sealants.

I have some stuff made by Shell for sealing gutters that doesnt completely set.

Thought I'd give that a go first... Fairly handy with a mastic gun...

I'll order 40 to start and get the bad doors done first. 2 rears on mine and 1 rear on Mrs Grrs SDI. Thanks all again.:thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for the tips folks.. I'll just order 30 then. Bearing in mind of course

that I may potentially have to do 8 doors. I have to do this job soon because

the car is just standing at the moment, I am using my works van

( Kangoo 1.5 dci = pants..) day to day.. Not using my car so much anymore

means that its heaters aren't keeping the moisture at bay with daily use like they

were when I was driving it to and from work. I've contemplated getting a car cover over it to try and keep the water out while it's just sitting there.... Somebody gave me one for xmas one year and its just kicking around in the garage somewhere... :thumbup::thumbup:

Opened my Drivers door this morning... and guess what!

I did them about 12 months ago and the rear have held up well... I'm guessing the drivers door has gone due to use.. Also, the previous owner installed upgraded audio with MDF rings.... the water seeps through these quite badly.. I've already changed the passenger side over to a plastic ring.. looks like it's time to do the same on the drivers side! Oh Joy!

Yep, that's what Sundays are for - taking the door cards off (again) and plugging the leaks.:(

My difficulty is getting the inside of the door dry enough to stop the water dripping through the sealant as it sets!

I used the opportunity of the door cards being off to fit puddle lights to the bottom of the front doors (spliced to the red warning lights), in the somewhat optomistic hope that there will be more water on the outside to look out for than on the inside

I'll see when i get back to the open car park at the end of the day whether or not this attempt has finally stopped the leaks

I'm going to use Shell Tixophalte Wet seal and fix. Can be applied directly onto wet surfaces

and doesnt completely cure so shouldn't come unstuck. I have no idea where it can be bought. I got a couple of tubes from work...:thumbup:

I can post a pic of the tube of stuff if anybody wants me to.:)

Edited by grr666