Front Fog Light Problem

nbramwel

I have a Fabia 3 1.9 diesel with the round front fog lights. On the way home tonight, the offside fog light kept coming on then going off.

It could be a faulty bulb or bad connection. How do I get the fog light and/or the plastic housing out of the car body so I can have a good look? Also does anyone have any other ideas as to the cause of the problem? Thank you.

But it was not foggy last night !

R

It depends where he was driving. In my daily commute between Huddersfield and Manchester I often drive through a couple of miles of low cloud/fog on the top of the hills when the towns on each side are perfectly clear...

As for the OP's problem, I'm sorry I can't help as mine has cornerning fog lights.

P

You need to pull the grey/black plastic trim off around the fog light.Firmly grab the fin bit with both hands and give it a good tug towards you to get it off, you need to pull ever so slightly towards the middle of the car at the same time.There are some torx screws holding it in if I remember IIRC.When putting the cover back on make sure that all of the little lugs are going back in the right place or you will have to take a trip to the dealers for a new one when you break them off.hope that helps

EDIT, or just go back to the dealer as it is under warranty

Thank you Rich.I sort of dealt with the problem last weekend and figured out from the handbook (to my surprise) how to remove the plastic trim piece. It became clear that the bulb wasn't the problem but I couldn't figure out what was since the cable to the fog light disappeared behind the headlight.I booked the car in at the main dealer on Tuesday and they diagnosed a poor earth connection. The problem was sorted the same day. Thanks once again.