Curtain Airbags?

I have a FL Elegance Estate with Curtain Airbags. There is only "Airbag" marked on the A posts, nothing on the B or C posts.

However I think it is okay - look at the pictures in the FL manual, page 180-181:

Octy ii FL Manual (The download is 20Mb)

The 1st picture shows the position of the curtain airbag (head airbag as the manual calls it). It goes in an arc starting at the base of the A pillar, running up to the top of the A post, along the tops of the windows then down the C post.

The 2nd pic shows it in the deployed position - it looks like one piece covering all the the front and rear windows, inc the rear quarter light.

Good spot!!

I looked inside the car, and going off your explanation from the manual, it looks like it deploys down from the roof.:S The plastic on the b & c-pillars go all the way to the roof.

What happens to the roof lining then? Does it come crashing down on your head? Doesn't look very clear to me.:wonder:

lol @ the illustration 171 on page 169! :) -"I'm trying to drive - just wait till we get there, THEN you can touch it all you want"

Edited by wega3k

Thanks for the pics gadgetman. Your's look different to mine definately. Interesting how the codes are the same though.:think:

The B-pillar has a lot more space above what I take is your adjustable front seat belt. On my one, there is only a few inches to the roof from the adjustable seat belt.

I take it your car is a prefacelift?

Yup, 07 car. But even in the manual linked to above, says each pillar should be marked with airbag logo's

Mine's an 06 with curtain bags and the marking are all the way to the C pillar. I guess the one being talked about here has only front curtain airbags, as I remember in some cars you can get that, and not full curtain bags front and rear. Or.. are the side airbag tags still present on the seats?

Mine's an 06 with curtain bags and the marking are all the way to the C pillar. I guess the one being talked about here has only front curtain airbags, as I remember in some cars you can get that, and not full curtain bags front and rear. Or.. are the side airbag tags still present on the seats?

I have a tag on my seats for the side airbags

Before the FL, curtain airbags were in every pillar to cover the whole side of the car.

This pic from the main skoda site suggests the same is still true

octavia_fl_29.jpg

I'd be onto Skoda if I was you

There was something irking me about this picture and I've just realised what. The base for my aerial is a LOT smaller than the base on this photo.:o

The base on mine is just a little thicker than the aerial itself and is rounded rather than squarish.

Surely this is not just a picture of the pre FL model?:wait: This same picture appears in the recent broshure.

What about all you other FL owners? Same aerial base as picture or same as mine?:wonder:

Edited by Gers

Chill on the aerial Gers. Your car hasn't got a Columbus / GSMIII, that's all.

Thanks wega3k, although I'm not worried at all about my aerial, in fact it looks a lot better than the one in the picture.B) It looks more modern, which is why I thought it may have been a pre facelift aerial.