2006 Fabia Vrs Boot Leak

Hi all. These condensation/leak threads must be getting old now but Im having a boot leak and its annoying the hell out of me. Sometimes the windows steam up that badly its become dangerous to drive.

I had both rear door carrier seals redone, before they started leaking water in and the rear carpet is bone dry, as are all the other doors. So i checked the boot, that is also bone dry. Checked the rear headrests and the driver's side rear passenger headrest had a damp patch, so checked the boot seal and low and behold the whole seal at the top of boot was covered in water, also water was collecting on top of the seal in the area where there is a cutout for the top part of the boot.

Has anyone else had this? I made sure the seal was making good contact all the way round, its secure so I dont see why the damn thing should leak. The car is only 3 years old and has done 55k.

Im not too sure if I should buy a new seal or look elsewhere on the car for the problem.

Edited by Skoda-Msport

Hi all. These condensation/leak threads must be getting old now but Im having a boot leak and its annoying the hell out of me. Sometimes the windows steam up that badly its become dangerous to drive.

I had both rear door carrier seals redone, before they started leaking water in and the rear carpet is bone dry, as are all the other doors. So i checked the boot, that is also bone dry. Checked the rear headrests and the driver's side rear passenger headrest had a damp patch, so checked the boot seal and low and behold the whole seal at the top of boot was covered in water, also water was collecting on top of the seal in the area where there is a cutout for the top part of the boot.

Has anyone else had this? I made sure the seal was making good contact all the way round, its secure so I dont see why the damn thing should leak. The car is only 3 years old and has done 55k.

Im not too sure if I should buy a new seal or look elsewhere on the car for the problem.

Try putting some silicon spray on the rubber and will help it seal better ! cheers - Stuart

I had water getting in my '06 vRS down the inside of the C pillars. It turned out to be coming from a failed body panel seal at the bottom of the tailgate hinge cut-outs. Cured it with a bead of silicone sealant after ensuring all was warm and dried out first.

Recently though I have had steamy windows and found on a couple of occasions about a half a pint of water sloshing around in the spare wheel well! All the boot carpets are dry and no sign its getting in from above.

Any chance it can get pulled in through the louvred air vents behind the rear bumper?

Or do I need a new tailgate seal?