New Year 2010 get together

nokiauk

At the SVAG meet last night some of us discussed the idea of having a wee get together early in the New Year before everyone heads back to work.

Hopefully everyone's hangovers will have disappeared by then so I'm suggesting Sunday 3rd of January although if people prefer Saturday 2nd is also a possibility.

I had thought of just meeting up for lunch or something followed perhaps by a short drive (weather dependant).

Anybody got any other thoughts and/or perhaps venue suggestions?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, sounds like there'll be a good turnout. I like those :)

I'm happy to go into the Borders, though I might not stay for the drive if we do that as my parents will still be staying up here so it would be unfair to leave them for a whole day ... although I suppose they could come along, seeing as they own a Fabia now :)

Well I think given that New Year 2010 is only 10 days away we need a final decision on this.

The majority of people who can attend seem to be from the Edinburgh area so the real question is do we want to meet up in Edinburgh or travel as suggested to the borders? perhaps given the recent inclement weather it may be better to stay in the local area.

Either day is currently fine for me although I would prefer Sunday but I'll let the majority decide.

My initial suggestion is possibly to just meet at the Melville Inn as per SVAG meets and just have some grub and some drinks, there will be plenty opportunity once the weather improves into the spring to spread our wings and arrange meets with other Scottish/North English members throughout the country.